Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone up for the challenge? lol

Simba

Default Anyone up for the challenge? lol

OK I've been having quite a few hair fits lately. The hairdresser I currently have seems to only know basic cuts and not modern. She more or less cuts and styles my hair the way she feels it should be.

I am looking for someone with experience who can give a look suited for me and that is modern. I'm not looking for a new salon, just one hairdresser on a permanant basis. Yes, I'm picky about my hair...lol

Thanks!

J*B

Default Re: Anyone up for the challenge? lol

I'll give er' a whirl! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Simba

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

I actually cut my own hair.. but when I get lazy, I know of two people.. one, her name is Crystal, she's at Hollywood in the Cambrian.. I can give you her number if you like as she has a chair at home as well.. and another fav is the lady not far from the Underpass, Linda I believe her name is.. I like her because she's reasonably priced, does great work and is an awesome woman to talk to.
    "The truth may hurt, but lies are sure to destroy"

J*B

I think you would like Linda she can be very creative if you want her to be, aside from being one great lady! She's right on the corner of Brown just east of the tracks, across the street from the old Walts service station.

oooh , I sympathize! I always feel like i'm gambling when I go get my hair cut lol.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.”-Kahlil Gibran

I deal ONLY with Catherine at Hollywood in the Cambrian mall...My mom and sister only go to her as well shes great with coming up with ideas

Simba

Thanks for the suggestions you guys! I appreciate it!

i have the same issue. people need to keep updated...

here is a suggestion. call places... ask if anyone in the show goes to the hair show! if they do, they are going to be skilled in all the latest techniques and trends... that is what i do now!
    If you are not apart of the solution, then you are apart of the problem.

I normally get my sis to do mine...other than the summer when I just take the clippers to it.

Took my boy to my old barber's last week, just to find out that my old barber retired about 3 years ago and sold the salon to a woman. She did a really good cut on my son though , it was exactly what he asked for.

You went to see Maria at the Stag. The hubby used to see her at Hollywood.

Jen at regis.... Wonderful! and she cuts you a deal all the time... she foiled my friends whole head for 38 bucks! plus shes a sweetie, and super fun!
    ~*~Whisper words of wisdom, let it be~*~

Okay, so the lady that usually does my hair...

Never listens.

I told her a while back that I wanted to go back to being brunette. She said okay, next time we will get a darker brown colour for you. I go and get my colour done, and she did it blonde (and not only blonde, but an orangy colour) Took three times to get the hair brown.

So, then I tell her I want to do something different and get a dark brown colour, then put some red streaks in it. Turned out phenomenal! When I went back for my root touch up, she coloured it a lighter brown which kind of hid the red streaks I had gotten. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

So, cut to last time I went to see her. She coloured my hair brown again (light) and then gave me a cut. My hair is layered because it is so thick. So, she chops the top layers right down to nothing basically, and left the bottom layer really long, which made my hair look almost like a mullet. I have to pull my hair back everyday, and I had to use bobby pins to pin the hair so it would stay in place. It is still growing out, and I am still having difficulty getting it to work for me.

So, I have taken to colouring my hair myself and getting it done elsewhere. Too much hassle trying to get someone to listen to what YOU want.

End rant. lol
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

I find that a lot of hairdressers dont know how to "Style" your hair very well. There has only been two women I was visiting on a regular basis a while back ... the one was from Amsterdam. Well, was in Amsterdam doing something or other, and came back for for 6 months. Regardless, she was a WIZZ with the razor, when the haircut was done, it looked like it had been cut for some time. There were no edges left un-tapered, but it was really nicely done. She had it thinned out, and added some flaring of the ends a little bit. Kinda made me feel like a rock star lol.

Now, I go to the salon in ther Churchill plaza. I forget her name, but she's a very beautiful brunette with medium length hair. She's probably the nicest girl EVER! Said I didnt have to pay for it :S ... Regardless, I paid in hopes to get a number. No such luck :P.

If you're wanting to get a palce with a lil ... "skill" ..... look for Salons with a lot of younger women in them. The kids who are just out of school learn a lot of today's styles and fashions. They know what works, and they're less likely to "not listen" to someone when they're newish.

Trina Polito at Revolution is great! She did wonders for me, and i know many other clients of hers that adore her!

I am getting my hair done there for my wedding...I will be sure to request Trina!
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information