Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: HHR Stereo Pics

Default Re: HHR Stereo Pics

I used to have a 1000 watt system in my car before I sold it. Nothing GREAT ... but it pounded. 2 12'' Audiobahn Flame Series with a Pioneer deck and amp pushing 100 watts. Threw in some 6x9's and 5 1/2's from Xplode, and that was that. Nothing more.

I would have it at an ear aplitting volume when I was driving. I honestly could BARELY hear an ambulance siren. But when I pulled up to a red light where I wasnt alone, I'd turn it down. I may be a punk kid, but Im not a COMPLEte Jerk

Kinda like mag wheels. They serve no purpose, other than to make your ride look good. You're not going any faster just cause you spent $2500 on some nice chrome. What's a nice Harley without a $500 chrome belt cover, or a pair of $400 chrome side pegs...Or the guys that spend money on chrome valve covers for their 340 (Yeah I did that on my 69 Swinger).
    But it looks kewl.
    And there's a psychological phenomena that dictates that equipment that looks better, somehow sounds better. Not quite sure why, but it's true.
    Since we really don't hear with our ears, but with our minds, I can see how it's possible.
    In my own car, the tweeters are just sitting rough on the dash. I have "barefoot cobbler syndrome", and my own stuff is the last that gets my attention. But when I show off my sound, people look at the exposed tweeters, and "hear" the music coming from them. If I were to bury them in a nice shroud, no-one would know where that wonderful sound is coming from, and would "hear" the performance instead. Wierd, but true.

I did a system in 1994 in a Sidekick that was all painted up with murals of "Bram Stoker's Dracula". Of course I had to mount the amps on a "coffin" that rose up out of the back of the hatch, and it sure caught attention.

I have a pic of this car at a show somewhere, beside a beautiful Javelin with over $250,000.00 invested, and the best paint job I've ever seen, and out of the 70 people in the pic, only 2 are looking at the Javelin. The rest are staring at a piece of crap Sidekick with a movable coffin stereo, and a $2000.00 air brush job, because it's different.

And Macs...all those 6 ft high trophies you see in the background...those are for "Best Sound Quality" in case you're wondering.
    Ice cream doesn't have bones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starterwiz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are bringing your Tiburon on the 13th I hope Sharky.

Sharky has the nicest sounding car in the Soo IMO. </div></div>

I Agree! Good Job Starterwiz! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif[/img]
    Artificial Intelligence Is No Match For Natural Stupidity

Dale Earnhardt Sr...is the No 1 Driver in Nascar History..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tormented Soul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..
    I would have it at an ear aplitting volume when I was driving. I honestly could BARELY hear an ambulance siren. ...</div></div>

Heck, I almost got run over by an ambulance listening to the CBC on a one speaker system!!! They aren't loud ENOUGH!!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starterwiz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a Route66??? Hans...we gotta talk. Get some kicks....as it were!
    The subs are inverted in this case to:
    a) look mean
    b) there was no room inside the box...the two you can't see on the front are normally mounted.
    They aren't the prettiest subs from the back, for sure. No chrome, no bling...they were never made to be mounted that way.

I didn't take any front pics yet, as there is still one more trim piece to make. Plus a couple of silver rings to make the inverted subs look a little cleaner.
    He'll be back later this week to finish the job, and I'll take some better pics then.

And Barry; I do a better job tuning by ear, than by eye. Old school maybe, but it's still an art, no matter how much science is involved. </div></div>

Yes, I have a route 66. I believe the serial is even 66. Brought it with me when I moved over here, could not get myself to selling it.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tormented Soul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..
    I would have it at an ear aplitting volume when I was driving. I honestly could BARELY hear an ambulance siren. ...</div></div>

Heck, I almost got run over by an ambulance listening to the CBC on a one speaker system!!! They aren't loud ENOUGH!!! </div></div>

hah ... my personal favorite is when they rush up behind you at 100 or so, and then right when they're maybe 25 feet away "WEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOW". I havent had an accident yet ... but those suckers are really makin me come close.

New date for the competition.
    July 27th at the Canadian. 11am to 5pm.
    Free pre-show tune-up at 237 Bruce St, July 13th 12-5.
    Ice cream doesn't have bones.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information