Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Fun With Photoshop **Post Your Pics**

Default Re: Fun With Photoshop

can someone tell me what tools they use to cut a person or object out of a pic to add to another? I am playing around and am up to trying other methods
    thanks

is there a free download for this or no?

I'm not sure if there's a free download for this. I do know that there are a few ways to do it using photoshop.
    You could either manually try and circle everything with lasso or
    you could make it a little easier on yourself using the magnetic lasso tool. Both of these techniques are harder than just getting the lines right. Hair is a nightmare. Also, depending on the lens and how crisp the focus/depth of field is around the edges, it may really look cut out. It definitely takes some playing around with feathering.

I had recently read an article about this in a Scott Kelby Photoshop book. (This guy is AMAZING, everyone wanting to learn should go find one of his many great books)
    He was explaining using the Extract tool.
    To find it, go under the filter menu, and choose extract. Then select the edge highlighter tool.

The two way's I like to cut an paste are with one the background eraser tool. Just right click on the little eraser then pick background eraser. Then erase everything you don't want in the picture. When your erasing it should be showing little grey and white squares where you erased.

The second way is one I just learned and so far is the easiest for me. Just open up your picture select the brush tool and black for your colour. Now click on the quick mask mode button or you can press Shift + Q to toggle between Normal and Quick Mask. When in Quick Mask Mode just paint over what you want to keep. It should paint over in a red colour. When your done click on the Standard button next to the Quick Mask Mode button or press Shift + Q. Now you'll see little marching ands around what your trying to cut out. If you missed a spot or went to far over you can go back into Quick Mask Mode and either paint some more or use the eraser till you get what you want. When you have what you want you go back into Standard Mode then go to Select up top then to Select Inverse. Then you press CTRL + C to copy your selection and now you can past it to the picture that you want it in.

Something cute for kids... make a car into a Disney Pixar Car...

http://2aday.wordpress.com/2008/03/01/ma...as-a-pixar-car/
    I'm amused by stupid people. It's better than cable and it's FREE!!!

call me vain but i really effin love this picture. I think DB did a great job on it. simple yet awesome. it grows on me more every time i see it.

Q6600 @ 2.85ghz
    Asus P5N-D 750i
    ATi HD3870
    2GB Kingston Hyper-X PC8500
    Antec PowerTrio 650w

i love it.... can you say FACEBOOK!? lol

very nice [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    ~*~Whisper words of wisdom, let it be~*~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information