Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where can I

Default Where can I

Sell a used car too...will scrap yards buy a car from a perosn for all the parts?

hp2

Default Re: Where can I

Peanut how old is it.. is it really really ruff? scrap yards do by it for the weight.. last one we took was crown vic but we took out the rad, and the catalaic converter first and got almost 300 that was about 1.5 months ago, then got another 40 for the rad core, and almost 100 for catalatic converter..

that was at traders.. rads and cataltic's as there are two on the crown vic were taken across the river.. another scrap run my father in law took..

P.s scrap has now gone down dont know how much tough.. and you have to bring it yourself.

ya its 150$/ton at Bickels

its a 96 sunfire...it runs well but needs minor repairs as far as i know

is it running?

laird will pick it up and give you $150 for it.. for the demo derby

ya see i want more for it for that

I've gotten newer cars than that for free many times.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

hp2

Have you tried to sell it? if its only minor repairs all the college kids will be coming back and they like beaters like that and some will pay 500 or more.... for somehting like that.. Just a thought

i am trying to sell it yes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've gotten newer cars than that for free many times. </div></div>

Well La-Di-Da... No one asked for your opinion

Use your head.

Certified it's worth probably 1500 bucks.

Uncertified it's a freebie!!!

How do you figure?

hp2

ya tell me how you figure.. I sold a 94 grand marquise the first of may and sold it for 1500 where is as is.. and had 186 thousand k on it.. ..

good luck peanut.

i had a 97 sunfire and sold for 500

Over the years I've done this with Chevys, Dodge vans, and Ford vans and pickups.

Ontario laws impose safety inspections. That means that an unceetified car is worth a LOT less than one on the road.

If you pick a reasonably dependable model, usually about 10 to 12 years old, and have some patience, and skills. you can get a car on the road cheap by buying (or getting free) two or three of that model. You will probably find new parts on them here and there, and, putting them all together, you have a cheap car.

That's just the way it is. If you were lucky enough to sell your vehicles and get some good bucks, that's great. But. I wonder if those cars ever got on the road, and did you lose some friends??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] \

BTW, a Sunfire is in no way in a class with a Grand Marquis.

hp2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    BTW, a Sunfire is in no way in a class with a Grand Marquis.

</div></div>

No its not but the sunfire is still 2 yrs newer..

I do admit my car was clean very clean for the yr no rust through the exterior there was extras on it did not look like the typical grand marquis My car sat at the end of my driveway less then 12hrs and it was gone.. I Put it out at 10 on morning brought back in that night at 8 put back out at 10 next morning and by noon it was gone.......

Ok I have even sold at the end of my drive way a 91 4 door sidkick lifted rusted to the max for 1000 at the end of my drive way.. I guess its all in where ya live..

GEE barry i think u should quit treating ppl like retards and respect them insted ur the reason why ppl say mechanice are hwy robbers

Ha, I've been out of the trade for almost 20 years.

And are mechanics robbers?? No more than any other trade or profession. But in the automotive field, if you stay at it long enough, somebody will think you're a crook. And there's nothing you can do about it.

And Corn, if everybody took care of their cars like they should, there would be a lot less mechanics out there!! I don't think I EVER congratulated someone on the care they took of their car. But I sure noticed the evidence of a "[censored]" under the hood a few times. Which give me an idea for a thread.

hp2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> somebody will think you're a crook. </div></div>

Only when you are... My phone rings off the hook here for my husband.. theres days Ill shut it off cause I do not want to here about it.. My husband is not automotive but still dont stop people from calling.. Its word of mouth for him.. I have strangers calling here for suzuki sidekick tracker info left right and center.. or transport related issues.. IF HE WAS a CROOK MY PHONE WOULD NOT RING....

IS he licesensed yes he sure is.. JUST left a lead hand job (which he was lead hand since he was 26) for another with more security.

and its pretty bad when the shop he left is still calling 3 weeks later cause they want him back.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information