Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2008-2009 NHL Season

Default Re: 2008-2009 NHL Season

The Leafs are in a "rebuilding" process, they aren't supposed to be contending for anything other than a #1 draft pick for next year.

Hopefully Sundin retires (mostly because I'd hate to see him play for anyone else, especially Montreal, and he'd only hinder the Leafs chances of getting the #1 pick next year if he came back), they unload Kubina and McCabe's contracts for prospects and draft picks and let the young kids play and develop and see what they got and in 2 or 3 years if they don't go back to their past ways of trading the future for a playoff run they might have some sort of respectable chance of contending for the cup.

I for one don't have any aspirations of this current Leafs team doing much but I am looking forward to seeing the young guys like Tlusty, Kulemin and the others getting a chance to play more. And I think Ron Wilson will bring a much needed defensively responsible system that should HOPEFULLY cut down on some of the blowouts that were witnessed last year.

The Leafs have been rebuilding for 40 years

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But as long as the dwarf Bettman is in there</div></div>

All short people out there, you know what Super Gram thinks of you.
    </div></div>

RW you have a way of changing peoples words around. I said Dwarf Bettman.His name specifically

It takes awhile to rebuild a team after what JR. did. They have to see how they play and who Ron wants on his team.

Wrote enough to form half the internet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bo Bandy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Leafs have been rebuilding for 40 years </div></div>

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] Yup.

They are soooo lucky they have the fans they do. 'Normal' fans would have moved on long ago.

Again the first game of the year: Detroit 18, Toronto 1.

Wrote enough to form half the internet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *Super Gram*</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But as long as the dwarf Bettman is in there</div></div>

All short people out there, you know what Super Gram thinks of you.
    </div></div>

RW you have a way of changing peoples words around. I said Dwarf Bettman.His name specifically </div></div>

By "dwarf" you meant a tall person...oh, I see.

Again the first game of the year: Detroit 18, Toronto 1

Toronto with 1...doesnt the wings score on themselves cause they are feeling sorry?

its going to be hard for goals with that high scoring tucker gone haha

If they are lucky enough to get rid of McCabe....he will go to the Panthers if TML give him his 2 million signing bonus. I agree with him and they will have to suck it up.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information