Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: do you think kids see spirits?

Guru Power Poster

Default Re: do you think kids see spirits?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: God's MY numba ONE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as a good christian i have no belief in the occult.. kids see a lot of things... but none of them are real... ever have an imagine friend??? NOT ME... good god! </div></div>

Why would you say none of them are real? How do you know this for a fact??
    Life is an adventure that never ends...

i really feel being a good christian is irrelivant to children possibly seeing "spirits"

I agree with usualcutiepie, as most people don't control what they see. They can't help but see through the eyes/lenses God gave them.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

Guru Power Poster

I certainly believe it. Until we, thats parents or society in general beats it out of them. I also think earlier in history we had an easier time seeing them, but slowly as we became less tuned in to the world, our natural ability to see such things, emotions etc. has diminished.

Did you ever notice how dogs and kids don't like certain people, almost unanamously? I like to trust their judgement.

To punish me for my contempt of authority, Fate has made me an authority myself.

Guru Power Poster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pylus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you ever notice how dogs and kids don't like certain people, almost unanamously? I like to trust their judgement. </div></div>

I always trust my baby girl's instincts when she see's someone. Either she gives them a smile or runs the other way...when she runs the other way than I know there is something seriously wrong!! I know babies can also see a persons aura, so maybe she's seeing that as well. Aura's tell alot about a person!
    Life is an adventure that never ends...

Becoming a Regular Here

I have repeatedly read that children are more prone to seeing spirits because of their innoscence towards fear.

Guru Power Poster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have repeatedly read that children are more prone to seeing spirits because of their innoscence towards fear. </div></div>

Innocence I understand. But, I honestly don't think that spirits and fear go hand in hand. I'd guess that there are spirits (but I want to mean more than that) that should be feared for one reason or another. I'd also guess there are just as many or more that there are no reason to fear.

But, I think as we nurture the imaginations out of them at the same time we nurture fear of the unknown and misunderstood into them.

I am certainly not disagreeing, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

To punish me for my contempt of authority, Fate has made me an authority myself.

Well, When I was young-like 5 years old and I would see my spirit guide-a very tall , big Aboriginal man...I was shat scared! I had NO innocence towards fear lol. I knew what fear was And I knew strangers were not supposed to be in my bedroom so I would hide under the covers of my bed...As I grow older I am very used to visiters and have seen some amazingly beautiful things that I'd be glad to share with anyone who pm's me asking-however I know It sounds crazy and bizzare which is understandable in this type of world we live now.
    I just wanted to make the point that seeing spirits was something that I had to learn to get used to and learn to not fear, so it wasnt the other way around where i would be fine and grew up to fear it.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

Ever wonder why your cat will hiss @ nothing, back all arched and fur all up? Then it takes off running.

Or why your dog will come into a room and won't go any further?

Guaranteed they sense something.

Children are like animals, they are innocent, open minded and pure. They do have the ability to sense things that we cannot or that we chose not to.

If your child has that ability, have them encourage it, get them to talk to the person to see what they want. It will help them not be afraid.

As we grow, we are able to "block" things, such as psychic abilities, and sometimes we lose it. Our minds become clouded with things such as exams, work, family, stress, etc.

Most children do not have that stress, therefore, their minds are cloud free.

Do I believe kids can see things? You betcha.

Do I believe animals can? DEFINATELY. We used to live on Hudson. Our cats would spazz out and our dogs would bark @ nothing. I would always hear a woman screaming, but no one was around.

When we moved, the cats stopped spazzing and the dogs stopped barking at nothing.

Hey DreamSpirit-
    I've been watching your posts and just want to give you kudos for the good, safe information you pass along. It's nice to see you have your head on straight and aren't afraid to pass along useful information.

As for the thread...
    Yea, I believe children are less inhibited than adults and therefore are more open to spirit contact. It still gets me when my dog senses spirit here before I do. Adults tend to be more distracted than say, an animal or a child.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

~Friedrich Nietzsche~

thankyou fyre.

I believe my sons sees them but he is terrified of them.
    He refused to be in a room by himself and boy oh boy don't close the door he freeks out and turns blue.
    I first found this out to be an issue when he was 18 months we put him buckled in his highchair in the computer room so he can watch Dora which he was fine with.
    My hubby closed the door to let the dogs out of their cages and immediately he heard a loud screatch and within seconds our son was on the other side of the door bawling and shaking , he jumped out of the highchair without even being unbuckled some how because he said there where monsters.
    The lights where on too.

sent you a pm Popples

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information