Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Folding @ Home

Default Folding @ Home

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Main

Just wondering who else around here (besides Mboy [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] ) is adding to the cause? I've never bothered to really look into it but I think it's about time I did. lol

Maybe we could start a Soonet Folding @ Home Team? I'm not sure how to post official scores and what not yet. But anyone with a monster video card, a PS3, or any old PC not doing much of anything else can get in on this.

Any thoughts from anyone who might actually give a $hit about helping to fight disease?
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Default Re: Folding @ Home

OK I made US a team # 141140

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...teamnum=141140

Any client program can contribute to the statistics for this team by putting the number 141140 in the team field in the client

I will put one of my clients to this team. I'm staying in my original team since I'm one of it's top folders.

Here is my current score and world standing. http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...sername=mboy67
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

Sweet! Thanks dude. I'm in.
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Well I was using my PS3 with the EVGA team, but I'll start using my HTPC with this one to do more...I have a very direct interest in this.

WTF is folding? lol

Hey killswitch are you having a problem getting the clients working right. let me know if you need help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tormented Soul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF is folding? lol</div></div> just go to the home page and read it. it explains it.

It looks like something similar to the "Seti @ Home" thing basicly it ran from your screen saver to co-operate with other computers in looking for ET life. (I think anyways [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] )
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

This one is about protein folding, because if we can figure it out, it may help us to find cures for many diseases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mboy67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey killswitch are you having a problem getting the clients working right. let me know if you need help. </div></div>

I had it running last night for a while, but after sticking my hand around the back of the case I noticed that only one card was working since there was no heat pouring from the bottom one. I tried getting the second one to work, but now I somehow lost all the progress I had on my first WU! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

This is what I did. http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-ATI2#ntoc17

and this...... http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-ATI2#ntoc32

Nevermind, I guess the first WU did finish. lol

Ok, I figured it out. I needed a second display to have both cards working.

yes plus make sure crossfire is disabled.

hey Killswitch I think you still have a problem your not getting any points.

Yeah I see that. What could be the problem there?

show your logs

I just finished helping another member get the GPU working and we are now setting up a SMP client.

Don't forget to post here me when you have found an alien!
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

I fixed the CPU problem .... Io Error = the SMP program ... not sure what happened. Its a [censored] to get going at first..... lol

As for GPU .. i had that wokring prior to mboy67 staing to download another program.

Problem is i have like 24 WU ... no points.... WTF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget to post here me when you have found an alien! </div></div>
    Wow are you ever funny.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information