Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Folding @ Home

Default Re: Folding @ Home

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mboy67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">show your logs
    </div></div>
    I see a few that say early end units....... I'll let it run for a bit more and see what happens.
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Killswitch PM me your tele and i call u and mboy is on my line right now ... i'll do a three way call.

You need to do a few things and get right clients downloaded.

OK what client you running and what windows do you have
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

I am running Vista 64 bit and V6 GPU2 from this link: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Crossfire is disabled, I have one LCD connected to each card with my desktop extended. I'm using ATI overdrive to monitor GPU usage and temps so I know both cards are running. Task Manger shows my CPU usage for both cores at 100% too.

I made a second folder under ..... appdata\roaming\..... and double checked my shortcuts.
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

You have to enable the Secret Vista Administrator account and do things before even running the CPU SMP client.... to hard to explain all here.... so PM me telephone number.

GET THESE ONES...... we all running 64-bit Vista.

Get this one for CPU.

Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008 SMP client console version 6.22 beta2 for MPICH (32-bit or 64-bit)

AND this for GPU:

Windows Vista GPU Console client (note running as a service does not work in Vista). Uninstall any existing FAH services made with pre 6.20 clients before updating. 6.20

DELETE any Existing Folders and installs you have already out on PC for this client before using the ones i stated above.

ALL IS WORKING NOW FOR ME AND MBOY67 NOW, but somethings have to be done in Vista first before running the SMP client and when you run it for first time.... certain settings have to be used to ensure proper usage is used for the GPU and Cores.

Make sure it's this one http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandeg..._Vista-620.zip

and you don't need the admin account for the GPU's just for the SMP client.

Go to this page and download what i stated or the one mboy linked to is the right GPU one which i already stated in my previous post to get.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Get this one for CPU.

Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008 SMP client console version 6.22 beta2 for MPICH (32-bit or 64-bit)

AND this for GPU:

Windows Vista GPU Console client (note running as a service does not work in Vista). Uninstall any existing FAH services made with pre 6.20 clients before updating. 6.20

All ready there and downloaded guys [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] ......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All ready there and downloaded guys [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] ......</div></div>

Yeah but you need to do the Admin thing for the CPU before running the install for it ... you need to activate the secret admin account and run the intstall windows batch file in that account ...... then log off and switch back to your admin user account and then install the client.

If confused PM telephone number.

Being that you have a dual core CPU just set up the two GPU clients. Each Client needs a CPU core.

Will do, the install.bat file kept saying it was unable to connect anyhow after I enter a password. Yes I unlocked the secret admin account yada yada, I followed the readme file but no go......... man this a pain! lol

Ok dude .. forget about doing the CPU for now (as it is a bit to get working and it is best to yap on telephone to do it right) ..... for now just load up the GPU client twice .. make two folders and make one client machine ID 1 and the other Machine ID 2 when you load up the client the first time pay attention to the Machine ID and change accordingly.

Your GPU's should produce more points then 1 x gpu and 1 x cpu or even more then 2 x cpu cores your running.

Basically 2 x cores will score less points then your 2 x cards.

Just to add i am running on 3 cores for CPU and 1 core is dedicated to my GPU and the GPU is going to score more points right now then my 3 cores of CPU power, but i running the CPU's at 75% usage and the GPU at 100% for now as temps . me no like yet and i waiting for new heatsink to arrive i hope this week.

If i had the CPU's at 100% i may score a little bit more Points Per Day or similar points ... then my 1 x GPU.

I have both cards running now with that other client. I might let it run all night and see how it made out before I head to work in the morning.

My cpu is currently at 100% on each core with a temp of 48*C, and each card is working at around 50% with temps of 60*C each.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have both cards running now with that other client. I might let it run all night and see how it made out before I head to work in the morning.

My cpu is currently at 100% on each core with a temp of 48*C, and each card is working at around 50% with temps of 60*C each.</div></div>

The 2 x gpu's should score around 3000 points per day. Not sure sure why GPU's are only at 50% each as mine is running 88% to 98% most of the time at around 94-98% usage ... Card temp is 63C right now.

All my CPU cores are at 75% for 3 and 100% for the GPU dedicated one = 94% over all usage for all cores combined.

Did you .. when you setup clients leave the CPU percentane 100%?

If not then that could be the reson why they are running at only 50% each. Then again maybe it better as your temp is 60C on them already and at 100% . that maybe push the temp on them to 84C.

I just finished one full round on the GPU = 1 WU sucessful, but the CPU folding will take at least 2 days to get a FULL WU.

The team folding page shows 24 WU, but that is 24 WU failed cause i had same issues as you did .. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Soon it will update to a score of around 192 and show 25 WU for my name... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Just to add again you can't run the SMP on CPU and also the GPU clients on your setup all at once ....... cause each GPU takes up 1 CPU core to run.

I am sure there is a way to split it all up, but why .. when the 2 x gpu's will produce more then your 2 cpu cores.

Get a quad-core and you will be able to do more folding without loading system to the tilt.

I left all the config stuff at default settings other then the machine id's. Either way, things are working the same as they were with the other client. I just hope I get some points this time [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] .

As for a quad I'm thinking about buying a 9950, but I think I'm going to hold out for the 45nm Deneb AM3's which should be out in the fall.

BTW Max, your score is now 192.

Just so you know some older motherboards can't do 2 GPU's as well as newer boards. there is a communication slow down with PCI-E 1.0 slots. When I use to fold with my 1900 cards before they discontinued folding on them one card got 700 PPD and two cards just over 1000. I ended up moving one to another machine to get better production from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I left all the config stuff at default settings other then the machine id's. Either way, things are working the same as they were with the other client. I just hope I get some points this time [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] .

As for a quad I'm thinking about buying a 9950, but I think I'm going to hold out for the 45nm Deneb AM3's which should be out in the fall.

BTW Max, your score is now 192.</div></div>

Yeah i know it 192 x that by 24rs (well not by 24 as that WAY incorrect as the points are only showing me 1455.16 per 24 hrs) ..... i posted 1500 previously in error ... as that is a per 24 hr points i would get if i run 24/7, but i corrected that.

You may only get 2000 per day 24/7 with both of your cards running, But mboy67 will get around 3000 per day if he runs both of his cards 24/7.

Yeah older mobo's may not talk to each other like the newer chipset mobo's so that can be a limiting factor in GPU percentage usage on your cards.

Getting a quad-core 45nm will be nice for future folding for sure.

My mobo has 3 PCI-E slots... imagine 3 4850's or 1 x 4870X2 and my 4850 .... folding ..... yeeeehhhh hawwwww.

Hey go download this program as it will monitor the clients and time left to do em in and what time they want them done as you will not get any points if you don't finish in the required deadline.

Download it and install it, then open it up and right click in the BOX and add client .. go to your client folder(s) and add each of them, name them whatever you wish... GPU 1 - GPU 2 ssmfolding or whatever.

Oh it also tells you points you get per 24hrs and credits per cycle.

http://fahmon.net/

Yes I forgot to tell you and others like I told MadMax about it. I use it for all mine it lets me monitor all my clients on my network from one machine. If there is a problem then I go fix it. It's much better then several times a day going to each machine to check on them.

Already had that too. lol

Sorry, I guess I should have posted that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information