Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTB trumpet snails.

Default WTB trumpet snails.

does anyone have any malaysian trumpet snails locally? they have cone shaped shells and they are used in aquariums to airate the sand. if you have any please let me know. thanks.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Default Re: WTB trumpet snails.

arent those the nuisance snails?
    The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend.

GRUMPY

if you have any loaches in your tank the addition of snails will be greatly appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crystal Doll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">arent those the nuisance snails? </div></div>

that is what the pet stores tell you. if you have sand in your tank instead of gravel though, you will rarely see them. they won't breed like crazy if you don't overfeed them and they airate the ground for you so that pockets of bacteria and poisonous gasses don't start growing in your tank. right now i have been stirring the sand myself but it makes a mess when i do so i'd like some snails to do it for me. and yes, loaches love them. so does my lungfish and i'm pretty sure my crayfish would too. i have 7 aquariums right now, 2 with sand in them and i'm planning to add sand to 2 more of them this week so the snails will save me a lot of trouble. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you have any loaches in your tank the addition of snails will be greatly appreciated. </div></div>

how are the loaches doing? do you still have them? i bet they are starting to get big.

if you go to pennys pets they have some of those kind of snails in with the duck weed, they try not to give them to people.
    Where did you get a crayfish and do you put that right in your tank?
    7 tanks nice, i just have one mainly live breeders and apple snails.

penny's has them? i figured someone had to have them. they said they never heard of them when i called. guess you have to go down there to talk to someone who knows what they are doing. i got the crayfish from someone whe used to be on here. it's not a native species and is aquarium raised. it's a blue yabbie and it's in it's own tank cause they eat fish. i also have 2 snail tanks, one for the cray, one that is cycling right now for some shrimp i ordered(i'm planning to breed them if all goes well), one with my lungfish in it, he's a monster at just over 2 feet long, one with angelfish in it and one that is a community tank with tetra's, guppies and a few kuhli loaches in it. anyways, i'm going to check out pennies and see if they are the right kind of snails.

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

do the ones there look like these?

yeah, they might even give you them because they dont usually sell them .
    They just come in with there plants.
    I was also just at animalia and it has some on the bottom of one tank that he got when he got a few fish in.

cool thanks

GRUMPY

the loaches are doing great

that's good. they were so much fun to watch. i'm glad they are at a good home.

cool. i got 10 juvies from penny's today. but i'll still take some more if someone has some

Did they charge you?

no. they were gonna but she couldn't find a price for them so she gave them to me cause they were using them to feed their loaches anyways

They have some in there tanks in the pet store in the west end of the city

hp2

ya but he wont give them away... I already asked as I liked the way they looked.. and i only wanted 1 and he said he will not sell them either...

thats not right, normally they are a nusiance, weird

GRUMPY

good business sense on his part as he doesn't want to get the credit for infesting anyone's tank. One or two are cute but hundreds aren't and all it takes is one to get the ball rolling.

the babies won't all live if you aren't over feeding the tank. if there isn't enough food left over to feed a hundred snails, there won't be a hundred snails. plus you can easily remove excess snails using a peice of lettuce, and actually sell them for $1 each online.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information