Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: spore

Default Re: spore

I'm finding there to be plenty of bugs in the space stage already. I was asked to do the mission to find the crash site-well, it didnt exist lol. It wasn't there at all so I had to start a new game and found the crash site-now it's saying a new mission i'm assuming b.c the communicator is blinking but it wont open for me so i have nothing to do...bummer
    When I was born I was so surprised I didnít talk for a year and a half.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah yeah now i remember .. yeah if you try and sing and dance to the wrong one in your group the meter will stop before half way you failed to charm/sing/dance that particular one .. just go to next one group .. if you want an Allie to join .. just do the samething and you will get one to join you, but of course you can only add as many as your allowed.

All i did was sing when they did and danced when they did, but i had to move another member until i got one to join. </div></div>

thats because the first member you tried ojn had a higher charm level than you.
    Q6600 @ 2.85ghz
    Asus P5N-D 750i
    ATi HD3870
    2GB Kingston Hyper-X PC8500
    Antec PowerTrio 650w

Yeah he danced and i danced, but he was higher level . so i sang instead and no go, so i moved to next guy in group and i got him to join ... then later on you get allowed 3 to join, but that was so long ago to me now... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I having a blast in space with over 6 million in cash, bought this place and that place and more to come... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreyWolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm finding there to be plenty of bugs in the space stage already. I was asked to do the mission to find the crash site-well, it didnt exist lol. It wasn't there at all so I had to start a new game and found the crash site-now it's saying a new mission i'm assuming b.c the communicator is blinking but it wont open for me so i have nothing to do...bummer</div></div>

No bugs yet for me as the crash site is there and you have to follow the beacons sound .. as closer you are to the object the higher and faster the beacon sound is, its the same for other missons for other things.. like killing off the bad infected ppl on some missions you may take on ... or finding some artifact items ... everyone is going to be different as some missons i do ... you may not and vice versa.

yeah, but mine wasnt existent at th etime lol- I googled that prob and seems others had it happen as well. Seems to work now that i restarted, hopefully that's all that will bug.

Save frequently too make sure or you will lose all time from the last save.

You can only save when in the space part of space and not while on a planet.

thanks

Ya, thanks for the tips.

been playing this alot since we got it, the kids love the first few stages, i'm up in space now, i feel for you bugs, i found that when your radar is pinging away and you cant see the item just fly low and start your scooper usually you get your item.
    *Foxconn X38a * Core2Quad * 8GB DDR2 * ATI 3870 512mbx2 * Razer Barracuda* 2TB Sata2 * Lian Li A16

In the creature stage I noticed you sometimes don't show up as an arrow on the mini map meaning you dont know where you are exactly.

Yes it is like that in Space as well when on a planet and when i was in tribal too at times i would notice i am not on the map.... LOL

Just go with it and walk around as it should make you come back.

Wow this game in Space is addicting i have over 17 colonies conquered and most of my galaxy is mine and i have only 3-4 allies as i killed off the rest of them.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I have wormhole device which now i am fighting the Grox which i found them way before like in the beginning before i even killed a few colonies off ... so when it actually came time to find them .. i already knew where they were... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I have out beat some of their control holds, but man they OWN so much it is unbelievable... I do believe the game is based upon beating them .. i am only assuming, but as the story goes . it appears maybe that it is.

Wow so much i have achieved like certain fire power to the max on my space ship and i can have up to 4 allie ships with me and i have the shield pack which protects me from being killed for like 1-2 min... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

This game in SPACE is a blast . the rest before was OK and fun, but in space it is a blast as you become to think your invincible and then you meat some other species that whoops your arse until you get the proper fire power and certain other things to destory them.

Don't always go for destroy .... go for Capturing the colony instead ... sometimes you have to get about 2-4 colonies on the planet to have the WHITE flag showing and then once you get to the last one .. look for the CAPTURE sign and POOF you captured maybe 4-5-6 colonies on one planet and then they become yours and yours to build on our whatever, i use them as bases to go back to and buy what i need.

I am maxed out on Drive pack (allows me go farther in circle area) and maxed out in health and almost in energy (one more pack to go) .... i want to get THE BOMB, but man they want 5,000,000 for that sucker and only ONE of it ... it will destroy the entire plant = like Nuke .... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I do have the medium bomb and it is powerful .. next is MEGA BOMB pack ... woot woot .. soon i will have it.

Fun game, but it has some major FLAWS

1. The most major one is at times when i was saving the game froze up and i lost all that i achieved before the save .. that sucked as i did a misson worth 800,000 sporebucks and i never ever ever got to do that again and that was hours ago.

This saving issue has happened 3 times so far to me .. i captured 6 colonies and when i got the last one which was to destory the entire RACE of that empire .. i did capture and then it went to the story mode and froze up .... i lost all that i achieved before the save .... so i had to do it all over again.. (fun it was ... but sucked too) ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I try and save as much as possible .. like almost even 2-5 min to make sure i go what i did saved.

easy on the spoilers there Max!
    Q6600 @ 2.85ghz
    Asus P5N-D 750i
    ATi HD3870
    2GB Kingston Hyper-X PC8500
    Antec PowerTrio 650w

Well i did not intend them to be spoilers as many will get to that part and wonder what they will have to do. You can find all that info i stated most likely on the net somewhere else, i never did as i just played.

Its more like TIPs then spoilers as i never stated how to find this or that or what you have to do in order to do this or that. Its more of a TIP to try and do this or that.

There is so much a person can do and everyones tactic will be different . Example: Maybe someone will take over every plant which i have not do so YET... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] ... and i may not do so either.

There is certain things you will have to do in order to find a certain species, so its not a tell all on how to do this or that.

PM me if anyone needs help.

This game is extremely fun, and easy (even on Hard)... If I had to sum it up it would be like taking all the best gaming genre's and mushing them together into a blockbuster.

I used to think the best stages were those that let you modify your creature's traits, but after playing in space for several hours I'm starting to like it the best. Mind you, once you pass through the wormhole it becomes quite a pain when you have to continuously respond to pirates (etc.) back on your home planet's side of the galaxy. But other than that, it's great!

Just a tip for those having money problems, try to establish multiple colonies in the same star systems and find the race willing to buy the spice for the most money. Multiple colonies will allow extremely fast pickups (not a lot of zooming in/out) while selling for the best price is just common sense. Also, maximize your colonies before moving on to make alternates. A planet can produce much more spice if you have 2+ colonies on it, than having single ones. There is also a spice storage upgrade that you can purchase after getting the appropriate badges, this is a fountain of wealth and VERY MUCH worth it's price tag. After figuring these things out I can easily have over 20-Million within my first 60 minutes in space. This makes it much easier for you to purchase your upgrades and quickly expand your empire.

Another good tip, which may already have been said, is to make friends with your closest neighbors. If you surround yourself with friends it will make it that much harder for enemies to bother you. A quick way to make friends is, upon first contact with a species go into diplomacy and immediately gift them 100k in credits. Once they're friendly with you (blue smiley face) you can setup a trade route which will eventually allow you to buy their solar system.

Questing isn't really that important in space, although some may disagree. I've build an impressive and lucrative empire without doing a single quest (besides the 3 intro ones from my own species). Those races who weren't turned by diplomacy ($) were crushed under my boots... *LOL*

My empire that i own is most of the first galaxy that you start out in with the exception of 4-5 empires yet to conquer or buy out. I just destroyed all i could and took over the small planets that had only a few NON empire speices on them, but had good spice production = blue spice at one point was selling for 42,000 per pile, i had over 50 of them in time of course .... lol.. you do the math. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] .. plus i had RED and Yellow spice as well, but as you notice the more cash you have the prices go up on things as well ... expecially when wanting to buy out a empire .. you need to spend a lot of dough.

Space is the most fun part of this game and i have conquered several areas past the wormholes now.

Yeah it is a pain to go back and forth to your home land or other planets to help in pirate raids and sor forth, but a lot of the time i just ignore it if it is pirates as i am fighting past the wormholes and not bothered about some pirates, but if they are attacking my favorite planets and want to take over them .. then i go all out war with them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information