Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin

Default F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin

Well what a rollar coaster Sierra took on this game title.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/908/908390p1.html

Also here is video of the fear 2.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/812/812589/vids_1.html

Default Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin

After watching this one....

Its going to be Awesome remember FEAR in itself for its time was and still is a very demanding game like Crysis is.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589...gn_091008.html

And this trailer too.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589...demofinal.html

And this one:

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589/fea...ler_070808.html

This one awesome too..... in HD.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589...er_030708.html

This one in HD as well.... looks good.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589/fea...ion_040108.html

Damn where is my HD monitor when i need it.

Here is a demo Walkthrough not sure why it is a walkthrough, but anyhoo:... its awesome... it is lengthy and very good to watch.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589...100507_1b.html

Wow after watching that walkthrough demo i so want this second part of fear game ASAP.

Here is another one called BIG GUNS.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589...pa_061608.html

AND blood.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589...at_051408.html

Another one called.... Blood Comparison from the older blood in first game to second NEW fear 2.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589/fea...n_05122008.html

Giant Mechanized Walker

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/812589...O_EPA_NEW.html

I can't wait myself but the big problem I have with this Game is the Feb 10 2009 release date lol Too Far off lol
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

Looks good for sure, but we'll have a lot of games to help until then.

Crysis Warhead
    Far Cry 2
    STALKER Clear Sky
    Rock Band 2
    Guitar Hero 4
    Resistance 2
    Fallout 3

Speaking of Crysis, anyone play Crysis Wars? Would like to start a server/clan to game from the talent pool of Soonet gamers.

I know i looked at:

Fallout 3 and it looks really good.

Far Cry 2 i seen it at EB games the trailer and it looks relly good.

I played and finshed Crysis Warhead as you already know about and it was good, but i am saying FEAR 2 will blow it out of the water in graphics and physics, plus progressing in a realistic approach in blood and other things.

STALKER Clear Sky i played a few hours of it, but it is a 4/10 for me in storyline and game play ... weapons play also sucks compared to other games.

Resistance 2 looks good, i may try it out as it is like COD4 in game play style, but they added zombies to it.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Also there is a few more to add to the list.

Red Faction 2 which the single player should be good like the first one.

Half-Life 3 ... this game is a mystery as to when it will be out.

Also Call Of Duty World At War... Some claim it is COD 5, but thats not the case at all as the other developers of the COD series is stating there will be a COD 5 in a modern style warfare, so Call Of Duty World At War is in a class of its own. This game is due out in the near future.

The PC gaming is just picking up again this year and will do so a little more next year .. until what another 5 years we may sit around again... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I would love to be in a crysis warhead clan with ya, but my copy is a special one from the internet that its so special i can't play online... [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

FEAR 2 will blow a Crysis or Warhead out of the water in graphics?!?!!?

What exactly are you sniffing?

Quote Originally Posted by mchutch View Post
    FEAR 2 will blow a Crysis or Warhead out of the water in graphics?!?!!?

What exactly are you sniffing?
    Well obviously your not into gaming and graphics and all, otherwise you would have deterimined the same result as i have from seeing the game play in FEAR 2 and graphics/physics it has compared to Crysis and/or Warhead.

Fear was/is a powerful game on video cards of its time and still is, now FEAR 2 will even be more powerful all maxed out, game play is way better then BOTH crysis games.

I played them all and finished them all and i know what is better and will be better.

The biggest flaw in your reasoning is ....FEAR 2 is not out yet!!

We are playing Crysis and Warhead and it is the best looking game according to many, many accredited sites.

It's ok that you were fooled by videos and screenshots of an unreleashed game it's happened to many, many a time before...
    Last edited by filthy; 10-04-2008 at 11:38 AM.

thats ok i find the HD videos a joke on that site because they are a p i s s a s s resolution, im sorry you have not display a HD video without proper resolution. to me the game videos look like crap so i dont understand how anyone can say its such a great looking game.

let me play it on my machine and then i will determine just how good a game it is

I have to agree trhe HD videos are poor resolution, but when i played the NON HD videos on my 19 inch CRT it looked awesome. Now that i played the HD videos on a 24 in LCD they are of very poor quality FULL SCREEN, bit of course the little window screen they have on the websites looks awesome again.

Its the Physics and Game play that will blow away Crysis and Crysis Warhead, yeah as long as they release it like that. That was my point in a overall look at Fear 2 in which if released like that it will blow away Crysis and Crysis Warhead in those categories.

I hate the way Crysis has developed their foilage as it looks so 2D in many areas and even when close up the foilage looks Plastic Looking and FAKE lighting on areas that should not be, of course its a game and it will be FAKE, but thats not my point .. point is realizsm was so pumped up for Crysis and yeah it kinda looks that way, but its surely not 100% and may never be.

As for someones PC eating up mine.... WHAT a crock of ****TE as even two of my cards in many games only produces if your lucky 10-20 FPS more and surely is not EATING up my PC.

Its not about PC's now is it?

Its about gaming and what is better then the other game, pride and joy is it not?

By the way before FEAR every came out i stated many times it was going to blow away any title out prior and after it for many many months and the only game that CAME close to beating it and did so in some aspects was made years later = CRYSIS.

Again i will state the similar thing, but this time for FEAR 2 if released the way it is seen. It will blow away Crysis and Crysis Warhead and any game after it for a long time, unless of course developers wish to follow again in FEAR's footsteps.

Soon i will be getting a 4870X2 to accompany my 4850 card and FPS will be MUCH higher then 2 x 4850's, 2 x 4870's, 2 x 9800GTX's and so forth and so forth. This of course is if i feel that it is a Major Benefit in over all gaming and worth the money to do so as its all i really could need now for my PC as i have TOP notch in everything else.
    Last edited by Madmax; 10-04-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Wow...must be nice to be able to blow $600 on a single video card (4870X2).

And no FEAR 2 will be a very good game but will not beat Crysis in graphics...period.

Max, you won't need a 4870X2 for FEAR2. It's a waste to add one to your 4850. If I were you I'd just get a second 4850, buy a pair of aftermarket coolers for them, and overclock the snot out of them. Then buy a case of Canadian with the cash you saved.

I was debating on a 4870X2 as well but I'm just gonna go for a single 4870 and a 9950 Phenom. I'll get a second 4870 later on "if" I need one.
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

I was not saying i needed one for any game, just maybe getting one and/or a second 4850 single slot version again, REMEMBER my Motherboard HAS 3 PCI-E slots and if i desired to fill them all up ... i would need single slot version cards.

I was thinking well maybe get 1 x 4870X2 and keep my 4850 single slot as well and then i can't use the third slot OR get 2 more 4850's.

I am debating as the third card would be for Physics and ATI is working on a driver still for FULL BORE Physics rendering .. so i am waiting out a little bit more. I can get another 4850 np's right now, but i am waiting.

I loaded up FEAR yesterday and on a 24 inch screen @ 1920 x 1080 as FEAR never supported 1920 x 1200 even with the 1.08 version installed ... WEIRD as am=nother person whom i know installed FEAR and had the available option in the GAME with 1.08 to allow for 1920 x 1200 .... GO figure.

Anyway ..... was MAX WAS 47 FPS with everything on MAXIMUM settings EXCEPT VolumeMetric Lighting was on Medium.. the COPMUTER setting was on MAXIMUM as well.

That was with 4AF and NO AA.

And it plays Awesome as FEAR only needs around 35-40 FPS MAX to play decent, 47 FPS is around what my OLD X1900 XT was getting at 1600 x 1200 MAXIMUM settings EXCEPT some settings had to be DUMMIED DOWN settings and i played it NP's.

Now i did edit my player config file and set it to 1920 x 1200 cause it never gave me that settings REMEMBER i stated that above ..... Ok i never tested again as i just played the game and it ran just as well at that resolution as FEAR will not changed drastically from 1080 to 1200.

I still don't understand why for others it gave them the option after 1.08 update.

OH and i am using ATI 8.7 Drivers For Now ... i may try 8.9 drivers out.

EDIT:

I just ran test at 1920 x 1200 with same settings as i used above =

ALL set to MAXIMUM Except for Volume Metric Lighting DENSITY.

Computer set to MAXIMUM.

NO AA ...... 4xAF.

Minimum = 38
    Average = 43
    Maximum = 47

This is plenty to play FEAR, but not sure about FEAR 2 as we will see then when it comes out NEXT year in Febuary supposily.
    Last edited by Madmax; 10-05-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Just an update ............. i solved the CAPPED 47 FPS max issue in Online Play. I hooked up my old PS2 logitech keyboard as opposed to my Logitech G15 2nd edition USB keyboard.

Now i get 143-355 FPS at 1920 x 1200 all maximum settings (except Volume Metric Light Density is at Medium) also NO AA, but 4x AF.

For some reason FEAR has a memory leak issue with the G15 keyboards and some other makes as well.

So if FEAR 2 is the same..... then i must use my older PS2 again.... no biggie as it is a good keyboard too, just response time is slower then the G15.

I used to play 100% max settings and get better frames than that... and that was on my older rig.

I don't think you'll do well on FEAR 2...medium settings maybe or you'll gameplay will suffer.

Fear online i think is capped around 400 FPS (some have BULL****TED and stated they get 600 FPS, I can't see that at this resolution even with Two Cards all maxed out) in which i have got a few times when running around ...... so for 143 to 355 averaging 160-250 online is awesome at that resolution (1920 x 1200) and MAX settings (except that one setting is at Medium which at Maximum makes no difference) I can run AA and it will drop a little bit, but i don't care as it looks great already without it.

As for FEAR 2 if it has the same issue as FEAR does then it won't be an issue to me anymore as i fixed the issue.

Now i wonder if the 8.9 drivers are any better as i am still running the 8.7 drivers.

Read this Maxwell...

"For nearly a year, Crytek’s Crysis has retained its position on the podium as not only one of the best games of all time, but for us hardware nuts - one of the best benchmarks of all time. Crysis benchmarks are often sought out in reviews, much like the sacred Futuremark scores; in fact, here at Hardware Canucks, you readers gravitate towards the Crysis pages more than any other benchmark available! It is the unfathomably high system requirements and stunning graphical details that have earned the game its System Killer label."

THEY WILL NEVER SAY THAT ABOUT FEAR 2...

they can say that but over all game play for the fear titles is still better the CRYSIS. I'm still disappointed with Crysis's Game play and story line.
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information