Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lockwood clinic?

Question Lockwood clinic?

Is anyone familiar with this clinic in Toronto? Do you need a Dr.'s referral? Does your health card cover the cost of your appointments, testing etc. I have heard a few people talk about this clinic and that their family Dr.'s here are reluctant to refer. Any info would be appreciated

Default Re: Lockwood clinic?

http://www.lockwoodclinic.com/index.php

Sounds like you book directly through them... I don't think you need a referral. You can book appt's directly through their website or by calling their 1-800 number.

As far as fees go... check out their website. If you live in Ontario any OHIP approved procedures/tests are covered but there will likely be extra charges in addition to those.

It is a 'private' diagnostic clinic so you would probably be paying out of pocket for services such as use of their MRI"s, CAT scans etc... doctor's time is billed through OHIP because it is illegal for doctor's to bill otherwise in Ontario.

Seems like a good option for a second opinion, or quicker diagnostic time for someone without a family doctor.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

Tutones. thanks for the link. Looks like there will be extra charges for the diagnostics, sometimes you just have to go with your "gut feelings". Sometimes, I just wish that I didn't have those feelings.

Hi, I attended Lockwood a couple of years ago..if you want to talk about it, please call me at 942-0758 and ask for Karen....best thing I ever did....But as for MRI's, CAT scans, you don't pay for them...the only thing I had to pay for was for the records itself...be prepared to stay 3-4 days and they give you a hospital rate at the Sutton Place across the street...But call me anyways.

thanks Stumpy, I'll call.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information