Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Emergency Vet

Default Re: Emergency Vet

Is it possible that the Vet sedate your dog, and give you sedatives in pill form for at home? If so, maybe you can keep the dog in a crate at home with the cone on, sedated. Sure will save you in hospitalization fees.

That's a great idea!
    Hospital stays cost a fortune.

Ask your vet and see what he says.
    I do know that other people with the same type of dilemma have done that very thing.

the vets aren't in their office at night anyway. he might as well be home with you.
    good Luck
    If animals don't go to Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.~
    Unknown

How do you go about "getting" a vet on the Canadian side if it's not an emergency and your regular vet is on the American side? Is there any correct way to do this without getting them all ticked off? I love the Mccrumbs but would like to have a vet here too. Glad to hear your baby will be okay.

Yeah, you lie and say you just moved to town and would like a regular Vet. (lol) A friend of mine did just that, and found one on this side.

OH Yips ! lol...... I would d0 the same thing just lie they dont need to know. Go and get yor Rabie done pver there and come over here for the rest. tell them you do your other shots. You can give your dog benydril . that will help calm him durning the day, It is somthing i learnd from a vet. you can ask one. Even done it for Horses when TSC didnt have calming paste for a horse we where trying to trailer. Good luck.

She gets her shots at The Mcrumbs because sometimes she has an allergic reaction. I'd just like a vet here incase she has something wrong and there isn't time to get over. She has a little spot..wonder how much they'd charge me to have a look at it...lmfao I'd have to go to a vet I don't know I guess then if they want to believe I just moved here.

Oh my..
    I'm sorry to hear that!
    Thats a huge price difference, and then the 5 days staying. eek.
    Cant keep a secret, if it never was a secret to start..

They did give me the pills at home to sedate her....I should have said that....so far the bill for all of this has been 1700...can you say STRESSED...but the sedation seems to be working she's still aware but lethargic so she hasn't been chewing at her tail....I hope this works cause I'm running out of options...payments are a no
    I Am a Firm Believer in Karma...."You Get Back from The Universe what you put into it..."

Maybe you can help take her mind off it by giving her a big huge bone to chew on? You can get large ones right now at butcher shops as it's moose season. Maybe try pre occupying her mind with chewing?

Also you can use bitter apple spray, or something she doesn't like the taste of, and cover the bandage with it? People have used lemon juice, pickled hot pepper juice, tobasco, cyanne pepper (sp) or something that she will totally HATE the taste of.

We went to see the vet this morning and they said her tail is finally healing nicely....keeping her sedated is working, she is sleeping alot and it is helping her healing. They actually wanted to leave the bandages off when we went in today but I asked them to wrap it just to protect it from her banging it against the wall....so things are looking up!!
    I Am a Firm Believer in Karma...."You Get Back from The Universe what you put into it..."

Yay. Good to hear!
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information