Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coyotes are lurking!

Default Coyotes are lurking!

Keep a close eye on your pets! Today, my cat was sitting at the side door, looking out the window & across from him, looking in, was a Coyote!! I have seen numerous Coyotes in the yard lately, and I feel like they are stalking my cat! My cat usually only goes outside to sit on his catnip plant, supervised. However, now even this is too risky!

Default Re: Coyotes are lurking!

where do you live???
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,It's learning to dance in the rain.

I live in the north end however, i have friends in the east end, with the same problem!

these animals go where there is a food source...ie cats
    everyone should keep their cats indoors and garbage too!

I've been hearing them howl all summer long up near Garson's Hill. Sounds like a pretty good sized pack of them.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

2+2= 7 on this bulletin board, and to argue about it is futile.

Geezus! Please everyone keep your critters strictly indoors -small dogs supervised!
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

My yard is fenced in with a 5 ft. high fence...would coyotes be able to climb or jump over? I'm being serious. Because sometimes I can't see my dogs when they are at the very back of the yard.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Everywoman I would just be safe and supervise your dogs just in case. Where there's a will ,there's a way. I know dogs can jump a 5 foot fence if they wanted to (well not the little ones, they could just dig under). I think if the coyotes were hungry enough they would find a way.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

2+2= 7 on this bulletin board, and to argue about it is futile.

This is when i'm thankful that i have a LOUD mouth 2 year old pry who barks at everything. If a person or animal gets within 100 feet, (or as far as her little eye will see..lol) she barks like crazy to make sure we know, and if anyone has had the pleasure of hearing one of these dogs bark, they know it's a very deep and loud one.

The other day Sadie was exploring in the back yard and came out with what is beleived to be a deers leg. My husband said she came out of the bush bouncing around , happy as can carrying her tearsure, that was soon taking away..lol He figures coyotes or wolves must have rip a poor little deer apart, so they are definitly out there.

Everyone should definitly keep eye out for there dogs and cats while they are outside.... opps and I almost forgot to say watch your human kids too..lol

I know personally four people who have lost their pets to the coyotes this year. They are all over this city and seem to be preying on people's pets.
    Everywoman, I'd be super cautious with your little ones regardless of the fence. They would be easy prey for a hungry pack of wild dogs.

About three weeks ago, our shep/husky was tied out in the yard. Middle of the day, and a lone coyote made its way into our yard. Our dog is quite aggressive on her tie out, but thank goodness we were home because the coyote gave her a run for her money.. she ended up twisted and tied by her chain, and the coyote had her by the neck when we heard what was happening and came out of the house to see what was going on.
    Our dog was LARGER than the coyote, yet she would have been dead had we not have been home.

OMG Yips that's tooo close for comfort, must have scared the heck out of her.

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

I rarely see any animals around my place, but we have 2 big dogs and the neighbor has 4 I think. It seems to keep them away

I worry now since I leave Harry tied out all day. So far we've been quite lucky that they haven't approached through the day. We do catch them at night trying to sneak into the yard, Harry lets us know pretty quickly and we bring him in after we chase them off.
    We have a (insert bad word here) neighbour who is letting their cats breed so there is a steady supply of food for the coyotes.

I'm thinking moving out to the country might be safer since all the coyotes are moving into town.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Can you call someone to pick up the cats and kittens? What an awful way to die. I hate people!!!!
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

I had a coyote grab my small dog.
    Way too much excitement at 3 am..
    Grr it should not be llegal to shoot at night.Thank god she got away. Poor thing is pretty dirty and bleeding a bit under her chin.

I am just glad it was not the GSD pup..He would have chased them.
    I hope that they don't hang aroung the barn yard.
    Last edited by Peety; 08-24-2009 at 04:58 AM.

why was your small dog out at 3 am?
    "Fear of death is no reason to keep on breathing"

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    why was your small dog out at 3 am?
    I was up getting my husband off to work..She wanted out.

Quote Originally Posted by A*lil*Loopy View Post
    I worry now since I leave Harry tied out all day. So far we've been quite lucky that they haven't approached through the day. We do catch them at night trying to sneak into the yard, Harry lets us know pretty quickly and we bring him in after we chase them off.
    We have a (insert bad word here) neighbour who is letting their cats breed so there is a steady supply of food for the coyotes.

I'm thinking moving out to the country might be safer since all the coyotes are moving into town.

Loopy Id be more worried about coming home and finding deer and the dog all cuddled up.. LMao we counted 13 deer yesterday coming home from hilton beach.

as for taking a dog out at 3 am..... I am out 3-4 days a week about 3:30 am with my dog to go out cause of my husbands sceduale...

I always take my dog out between midnite and 2am. She had her leash on ALL of the time. I am armed at nitetime because of the coyote problem. Several times I have seen coyotes, but they stay away from people.

If you let your dog/cat outside without a leash... "DING DING"... suppertime for the coyotes.
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most
    fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be
    understanding and forgiving."

Dale Carnegie

ya my little guys on a leash to, we live on a hiway and its quite busy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information