Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New spark plugs maybe??

Default New spark plugs maybe??

Hey all!! My truck has a hard time starting the first time during the day. And then it seems to idle semi roughly. And sometimes when driving it will...um...hesitate I guess would be the word. Does that sound like it needs new spark plugs? or perhaps and fuel filter? Or what else do you think could be the problem???

Default Re: New spark plugs maybe??

could be a lot of different things

clog fuel filter
    plugs
    wires
    idle set to low
    ect i would start with a tune up!

Do a tune up.

Seems to me the new engine computers compensate for so much that what YOU have is something major going on.

Quote Originally Posted by cage5516 View Post
    Hey all!! My truck has a hard time starting the first time during the day. And then it seems to idle semi roughly. And sometimes when driving it will...um...hesitate I guess would be the word. Does that sound like it needs new spark plugs? or perhaps and fuel filter? Or what else do you think could be the problem???
    Sounds just like my car. I just took it in and had the spark plugs replaced. Runs nice and smooth again. Turned out the engine wasn't turning over well because of an almost dead battery (not surprising 'cause it came with the car 10 years ago!) so I got a new one and all is well.

Take it in to a mechanic, if you can't fix it yourself. They'll give you an estimate and let you decide if you can afford the work or not.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

tune up would be the start plugs, cap, rotor, wires, feul filter p.c.v valve and injector cleaner should all be done

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information