Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice

Exclamation Advice

OK well apparently my dog is a contortionist and can bend her body in such a way as to get her half a tail in the cone to try to chew the bandages off.... I've sprayed the bitter stuff from the vet on it and it doesn't seem to phase her....now I was wondering if maybe a muzzle would work just until this has healed, like during the night...she sleeps in my bed but I'm exhausted...everytime she moves during the night I'm wide awake thinking she has her tail in her mouth...Would a muzzle prevent her from getting her tail i n her mouth?
    I Am a Firm Believer in Karma...."You Get Back from The Universe what you put into it..."

Default Re: Advice

I have never used a muzzle, but I do believe they hinder the ability to breathe through the mouth. I just checked to see if I still had my Angels Halti but I must of gotten rid of it. How about putting a pair of shorts on her, with her tail thru the leg opening, that might deter her for awhile until she figures it out.

I think in your case a cage muzze may be best. It will not hinder her breathing. You will have to take her in and size it to her to make sure it not only fits her face but the size of her head too. Some muzzles have wierd measurements and the best bet is to take her into the store and get an exact fit.

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

I was going to tell you to try this cause she keeps biting it......I'd get her one if I were you, you don't need anymore vet bills from her chewing her tail!

Yeah, a muzzle would be your best bet I would say. Haltis wouldnt do anything as it still allows to mouth to open freely. A muzzle keeps the mouth closed. If the tail is not an open wound or anything you can even try hot sauce

im in a secret location, due to my popularity..

they can still breath with a muzzle on there face.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information