Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intel Core i7 "Nehalem" Review

Default Intel Core i7 "Nehalem" Review

So...... who's gonna buy one? lol

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...or-review.html
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Default Re: Intel Core i7 "Nehalem" Review

Umm i posted much info and reviews in the recent months, nothing new here.

** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

i was reading bout these in Maximum PC a while ago. hopefully intel dont sink themselves with this new design.

Killswitch:

New forum took out a lot of posts/threads when it became a standard posting bround now, so it is not longer in soonet.

Again its nothing new as i posted about how fast these chips will be, infact the lower end chip will blow away my core-due E8600 running at 4.2ghz .. the low end i7 will kick its butt by at least 20-30% faster.

Last edited by shadowjak; 11-05-2008 at 06:42 PM.
    We War Der Thor, Wer Weiser, Wer Bettler Oder, Kaiser?
    Ob Arm, Ob Beich, im Tode gleich.'

I would prefer they first make some headway to properly use 64bit and dual core computing. I see no point in upgrading at this point in time.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Hans-You should see what I did with your Mobo and some other scrounged parts.
    We War Der Thor, Wer Weiser, Wer Bettler Oder, Kaiser?
    Ob Arm, Ob Beich, im Tode gleich.'

Uh oh, nothing but good stuff I hope... I got the same board, what did you do?
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    I would prefer they first make some headway to properly use 64bit and dual core computing. I see no point in upgrading at this point in time.
    Yeah i agree i love to see more 64-bit computing.

This quote sums it up pretty good as to why what you read today is important rather than what was said months ago.
    The level of hype and the sheer volume of misinformation did nothing to bolster pre-launch public opinion.
    It wouldn't be too sensible to rely on old speculation as opposed to current information. Mad Max, your links from before were appreciated I'm sure, but they were just that. I personally don't get too involved with hype and prefer to read actual tests on hardware I can buy now.

to me the new chip looks like 4 fixed p4's crammed together in one amd looking package. i mean they went back down to the 133mhz bus speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra54 View Post
    This quote sums it up pretty good as to why what you read today is important rather than what was said months ago.

It wouldn't be too sensible to rely on old speculation as opposed to current information. Mad Max, your links from before were appreciated I'm sure, but they were just that. I personally don't get too involved with hype and prefer to read actual tests on hardware I can buy now.

Yeah they were links about it, but there is one thread i can't find at all that should the difference between the i7 and my core due and it blew away my chip and that was the baby version of the i7.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Killswitch:

New forum took out a lot of posts/threads when it became a standard posting bround now, so it is not longer in soonet.

Again its nothing new as i posted about how fast these chips will be, infact the lower end chip will blow away my core-due E8600 running at 4.2ghz .. the low end i7 will kick its butt by at least 20-30% faster.
    What you would have been posting before wouldn't be the hard facts, just rumors. What I am posting are reviews with actual testing results. There's a difference, so why knock me for starting this thread?

Doesn't matter if you wait to upgrade, cause if you bought the best of the best today and built a PC... newer, better parts start rolling out shortly after. So you can only have the top end for what, 2 or 3 months tops.

And once again Max can't decipher the point someone is trying to make, and then realizes he's wrong but won't admit it or back down.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information