Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 14 month old daughter

Default 14 month old daughter

My daughter is now 14 months old. She seems to have an unusual amount of fevers for no apparent reason. We have rushed her to the doctors office on a few occasions only to find nothing. The fever goes away after a couple of days with no other symptoms. Well today .. again she wakes up with a fever, she is irritable and has been sleeping all day. I am returning to work on Monday full-time and I am so worried about being away from her. I have another child that never had fevers like this.. what could be wrong with her??? Any thoughts??

Default Re: 14 month old daughter

Is she cutting a tooth? Some children get fevers when they are cutting teeth.

she might be.. and I asked the same of my doctor. and he said that the only reason they would get a fever when teething is if they get an infection where the tooth breaks through, and she doesn't have any that are breaking thru!!

I would say tooth also. My daughter would get fevers also, but within a few days I could feel where the tooth was coming in. Could her molars be coming in. My daughter is 15 months and her 3rd and 4th molars just broke through.

I think my kids got fevers once in awhile with their teeth cutting..If there is nothing else wrong than I can see it..I mean every child reacts differently..some get rashes some drool like crazy...some scream and cry..
    The ones you love leave far too soon...
    The ones you hate stay far too long..

has she been tested for a bladder infection? could be,,, hard to detect.

She kept us up all night lastnight.. fever and crying.. at one point if she didn't stop crying soon I was going to take her to the hospital. But we got her calmed down and fever went away.. I have check her gums over and over.. don't feel anything there.. I have no clue!!!

maybe she has an ear infection??
    upset belly?

well.. we went to emerg tonight.. no ear infection... no throat infection.. just a cold.. my poor girl is so sick.. she hasn't eaten in 4 days.. thank god she is drinking!!!

wow kelbear--glad its not an infection--but a young child that is sick its really hard on the parents--keep giving her drinks
    Time is a great teacher, unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

hey kelbear, how is your daughter doing now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KelBear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She kept us up all night lastnight.. fever and crying.. at one point if she didn't stop crying soon I was going to take her to the hospital. But we got her calmed down and fever went away.. I have check her gums over and over.. don't feel anything there.. I have no clue!!! </div></div>

When my sons get like this I always put them in a warm bath (but not hot). The bath cools them down and brings down the temperature. A couple of toys in the water will usually calm them right down too. After that they are usually relaxed enough to go back to sleep. I've been doing this since they were babies. A dose of tempra after they're calmed down and they usually settle for the rest of the night.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

she is fine now...she got over her cold...she must just have a sensitve system...she seems to get these fevers frequently for no apparent reason..thank god she is back to herself...thanks for all your concern.

Well here we go again.. she is sick AGAIN... actually just getting over it now.. This time she woke throwing up, had diarrhea and high fever. I took her to emerg because she refused to eat or drink anything. They say she has a stomach virus or the flu.. this poor baby of mine seems to get really sick every couple of months.. Poor girl went 6 days with diarrhea, and just drinking powerade. Today she finally had a solid bowel movement.. What can I do to boost her immune system???

Does she go to a day care or some other activity where she is around other children? My son went to day care from an early age and he was always getting something! I asked Dr. Burrows and he assured me that it is not uncommon for a child in day care or one exposed to a fair amount of other little germ breeders to get viruses a lot.

It is VERY hard on a parent too. I know. It's really hard on the sick leave days too lol I used most of mine for Max and had none left for me. The joys of being a parent. It's worth it in the end though.

NO she doesn`t go to daycare... and it just kills us to see her suffer.. I think I am gonna start added some extra sanitizing to my cleaning around home..and bring some disinfecting wipes out with us to clean EVERYTHING!!

My son was like that also. Was sick every second month or so. By the time he was about 2 or 3 he outgrew it. I just was giving him vitamins every day and it seemed to help some.

yes.. good idea.. do they make vitamins for children this young??

Yes i think it is called trivisol or something like that. It is expensive though for the size of the bottle. It is almost $20. I had spoken to my son's family dr before i gave it to him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KelBear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NO she doesn`t go to daycare... and it just kills us to see her suffer.. I think I am gonna start added some extra sanitizing to my cleaning around home..and bring some disinfecting wipes out with us to clean EVERYTHING!! </div></div>

Don't over clean. It can make things worse.

I have never tried it but a friend of mine swears by ekinasia (? spelling) vitamins.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information