Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 14 month old daughter

Senior Member Sweet_And_Innocent's Avatar

Default Re: 14 month old daughter

Aww I hope she feels better Kelbear... what a doll she is too [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone.. she is feeling much better today... it's been a weeks since she woke up sick.. a long and tiring week!!!!

Thats great!!
    I give my son a cod liver oil cap everyday and he is pretty healthy. Has not had the flu in a long time. He is much older than your children though
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

Some kids are sick when they are young frequently but aren't as prone to illness when they get older and vice versa.

Good to hear.. I hope that is the way it is with her..

awwwe, poor baby, and poor parents too. it is so hard when a baby is sick, especially when you dont know why. our daughter had frequent ear infections. i am not giving advise, but something to think about. my friend told me about antibiotics and how the mess up the system and the natural 'flora' you can buy at the health store to take to help out. it is called, (ok, phonetic spelling - ok) lactobacillisus and acidolphys. they are natural bacteria that live in the intestines and help fight off bad bacteria )for want of wording it better)

anyway, i started her on those and it broke the 'curse' of infections and she was much better. coincideince (sp?) or not, i dont know. when you asked if there was something to help boost the immune system it got me thinking. have you thought of taking her to a natrualpath?

our daughter also got very cranky and fevered and minicolds when she was cutting teeth. those teeth seemed to go forward and back for a week or more at times before they were finially through.

i know how stressful it was on us going through that, and how worried youre feeling all the time. i sure hope she stays feeling better.

oh - dont overclean! studies are showing that kids who grow up with cleanfreak parents allways disinfecting everything are more prone to problems and allergies. just be normal clean.

Ok.. good.. I won't OVER clean.. and she has never been on antibiotics and has never had an ear infection. I also heard that giving her probiotic yogurt everyday may help with her immune system.. so I am going to try that.

how is she doing now?

yes, that probiotic yogurt, that is the same! i forgot about that.

She is a lot better now.. although it seems that her sleeping schedule is all off.. she used to sleep till 9am and is now getting up at 7am... and sometimes waking thru the night again...

awwwe, it is so tiring and worrysome at that age eh. im glad she is feeling better, i hoope she continues to feel good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information