Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: does stress (call centres) cause OCD (anxiety disroder?)

Banned

Question does stress (call centres) cause OCD (anxiety disroder?)

i noticed that when i was working at NuComm for 2 years i been gettin stressed out and wasnt realizing it until one day, i had a bad bout of dizziness (vertigo) which i believe wast he cause of my lack of seratonin being made. from that point on, i been lacking this chemical which ios necessary for self esteem and good self well being. I believe this lack of chemical which was caused from stress from a call centre environment was the cause of my issue, now thankfully the Paxil is reinstating this missing chemical seratonin which may take up to 5 years, but thankfully so....

Chaotic Chick

Default Re: does stress (call centres) cause OCD (anxiety disroder?)

OCD and anxiety are not the same thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Chick View Post
    OCD and anxiety are not the same thing.
    OCD is an offshoot of anxiety yes it is, a result even

vertigo can offshoot your brain chemicals which in turn can cause the anxiety (OCD)

Chaotic Chick

Um, okay Dr. Moochie. Since you are using medical terms such as "offshoot" I have to believe you.

Banned

Um, okay Dr. Moochie. Since you are using medical terms such as "offshoot" I have to believe you.
    you serious... no im not trying to be smart here or anything im just stating what i been seeing lol look it up google it i dont know... whatever

Chaotic Chick

I am serious. Having had anxiety and panic disorder since I was five years old, been diagnosed with OCD since I was 20, and I am a perfect example of how a person can live without medications, I think I am serious. Or maybe I am kidding.

Chaotic Chick

Quote Originally Posted by Macs View Post
    The good ole Paxil addiction. A prime example of why I will not put that in my body!

Chaotic Chick

Moochie, I am not trying to be smart at all; you seem to have sort of mixed some things up. I mean, you are saying that vertigo (dizziness) causes one to be deprived of serotonin. Who told you this? Really. I would like to know.

Banned

oh thats just great, would my Doctor put me into these problems? i been noticing it does work aside of the horrific strange and weird dreams, i do get withdrawls if i miss my 2 pills each day or if i miss 4 i guess it affects everyone different, touch wood im ok so far...

i couldnt see myself employable without em. i do believe it restores the lacking chemical not being made which is for self-estem (seratonin). id never quit it instantly, youd have to ease off it. i only see better pros then cons so far however.

the rush of everyday life and stress from jobs is the cause for the need of this.
    i noticed repetitive jobs are the worst, makes you go nuts almost or crazy, sad but true.

sad thing i dont know if ill ever get off them, seeing how great theyre working now, i dont know how ill survve without them, even my 2 of the day.

i do believe though they did see a demyelination around my brain sheath which is a fatty tissue which could the be the cause of this? (same symptoms as MS I Believe)

when i wasd at NuComm people i knew quit there cause they found it too stressed out, me i guess i wasnt realizing how stressed out i really was, until that bad vertigo experience.

i mean the work never bothers me, its just their stipulations and quota that they have up.

question is how does ones body stop making seratonin (self-esteem chemical)???

why does it stop and happen?

Banned

Moochie, I am not trying to be smart at all; you seem to have sort of mixed some things up. I mean, you are saying that vertigo (dizziness) causes one to be deprived of serotonin. Who told you this? Really. I would like to know.
    did you ever get an MRI done CC? google it...

Banned

vertigo causes the OCD anxiety disorder which in turn is caused from lack of seratonin, one thing leads to another everythings interconnected yes

Banned

i even been to a Neuroligist and he was speechless

Banned

MAYBE EVEN A simple thing like an over fascination with a particular game or whatever may be the cause of this obsessiveness. without proper medical treatemtn can lead to much worse as the disorder progresses (without paxil or anti-depressants) it could be something as simple as a game being obsessed with or an image disorder

Banned

BDO (body dysmorphic disorder) is another branch of this anxiety and OCD of course

Banned

try listening to the same song like 20X each day and see what progresses

it could even show up in a gambling disorder (addictions) alcohol or what not

i believe it all stems from a deformity or something you are not happy about yourself with that just progresses with time.... looks, image... etc etc

Banned

I am serious. Having had anxiety and panic disorder since I was five years old, been diagnosed with OCD since I was 20, and I am a perfect example of how a person can live without medications, I think I am serious. Or maybe I am kidding.
    you must of had the same like a friend of mine had, though shes still on meds and counselling.,.. mine however is a different story... anxiety yes but to a worse degree...

skin picking, hair pulling, mood swings, temper, routines.... im sure you are aware of this

Banned

being confined to a cubicle and a computer can drive anyone nuts, especially repeating the same thing over and over again, and trying to reach a certain quota... its no wonder so many call centre employes are on meds but they dont care (the companies)

if you cant handle it anymore, just leave if you can..... im sure you might find something else....

Banned

so what this video is saying is its hard to quit or get off them and while youre on them, you dont feel like youre "YOU"

Chaotic Chick

I looked in my Psychology textbook, on Google, and on Wikipedia and cannot find anything that supports what you said about vertigo causing OCD or anxiety. I know from having panic attacks, that I would experience vertigo but the panic attacks caused it. Vertigo is dizziness.

And yes, I have had panic disorder and OCD for many years and I relied on medications for it for many years. I know all too well the effects of these disorders. There are many kinds of therapies that can be quite effective in treating them, although I do not believe that they can be cured. Chemical imbalances cause OCD and panic/anxiety disorders usually, and environmental issues can as well.

As for call centres causing anxiety, I sure do believe that working in one can make it worse, and maybe even cause it in some people. OCD? I doubt that would be caused by working in a call centre. The stress and anxieties of working at a call centre may exarcerbate and already existing condition though. I know of many people who have gone on a stress leave for anxiety or depression while working at a call centre. I worked at a call centre for eight years and it certainly did not help my anxiety disorder. Thankfully, I no longer have any anxiety that is related to work though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information