Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rockband Wireless Guitar

Question Rockband Wireless Guitar

Okay question......A while ago before Rock Band 2 was released, my friend bought me a wireless guitar for Rock Band. Ever since it was bought, I cannot activate Overdrive by flipping the guitar upwards like a regular wired guitar. I have to press the back button to activate overdrive which most of the time causes me to ruin a note streak. Is this normal or did I just get a dud?
    <insert witty comment here>

Default Re: Rockband Wireless Guitar

the rockband guitars are flawed.if you go to the website and fill out the info,they will send you a replacement.if they are still doing it.
    msi 915p/g combo 2
    p4 3.2 ghz dual processors
    2 ghz ddr2 ram
    bfg 8800gt oc2 512mg

There are ways to fix it yourself, if your like myself and don't want to wait weeks for something that can take you 20 mins. Rock Band 2 peripherals are much better, but still can get duds unfortuneately.

How can I fix it myself?
    <insert witty comment here>

I modded mine by creating a stomp box (pretty much a guitar pedal). If I had used an online guide I'd provide you with a good link, but just google rock band stomp box mod and I'm sure it'll guide you in the right direction however it will void the warranty, I don't know if there's a non-voiding method to simply fix it as opposed to mod it. Up to you though, I hate the rock band guitar anyway so I didn't care if I broke it as I have 2 other GH guitars that work fine on Rock Band.

A stomp box...... that's a sweet idea!
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

make me one too!!! lol

It's pretty sweet, and you can get even more crazy with that idea and make it detachable so you can use either the tilt method or plug in the stomp box to use it. All you need is some wire, a project box, momentary style button, and a 1/4" jack and plug for the detachable part. It's really cool once it's done. I'm gonna be modding my second rock band guitar and I'll make sure to take pictures of the process and include some sort of guide.

I'm thinking I'll try to find a couple of real guitar effects pedals (dead ones of course) to use. They'll all ready be half-way built and you can pound 'em hard and they'll never break. lol
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    I'm thinking I'll try to find a couple of real guitar effects pedals (dead ones of course) to use. They'll all ready be half-way built and you can pound 'em hard and they'll never break. lol
    I have actually read about people doing that. It would be nice if you could them cuz that would be really cool to have that instead, I myself being a guitarist would probably try to fix them so that I can use them on my actual guitars lol!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information