Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero faulty, and store returns issue.

Default Guitar Hero faulty, and store returns issue.

purchased guitar hero world tour for 209.00 + taxes
    went home set it up
    defective unit

one hour after purchase, store tells me they wont give me my money back
    and i have to pack it up and send it to the manufacturer.

i didnt even own it for one hour.

called manager, told the same

called store head office, was told they were sorry, that the store should take it back, but they can't do anything about it, if they dont, suggested we deal with the manufacturer.

is this even legal? what they heck can we do?

receipt stamped one hour ago.

frustrated and ticked off. make sure you know the policy on these products before you buy them.

Default Re: playstation 3 fans be aware

I'm not sure about guitar hero world tour, but when rock band came out there was a big orange sticker on the box saying you cant return it to the store and that you have to deal with the manufacturer. Did you read the box before buying it? Is there anything like that on guitar hero version?

Simba

I bet I know what store it is. What a stupid policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    I bet I know what store it is. What a stupid policy.

Every store will have the same policy if its like Rock Band, not just one store/chain.

there are tons of things that say that... patio furniture, ready to assemble furniture. if you read the instructions the first thing says STOP! Don't return to Store!! call bla bla bla for service.. Reason being, the stores won't get re-inbursed by the manufacturer if they take it back. Some bigger chains may take them back, but they usually end up sending it to Genco... a company that gives the stores pitiful amounts of money for the vast amount of defective stuff

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...s_/ai_77879408

Sometimes the lowest price gets you the worst service. Value is not determined by price alone. Sucks that you are stuck with junk, and no cash a month before Christmas.
    What is the store that won't give you proper service please. At least other shoppers can decide to try it out in the store before leaving with it.
    Ice cream doesn't have bones.

ya but it isn't the store's fault, starterwiz. would you accept a satellite radio at your store (for example) if you knew the manufacturer wouldn't give you any credit for it and you just have to suck it up and absorb the expense?

don't most stores have a no return policy on electronics/video games/movies?
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    don't most stores have a no return policy on electronics/video games/movies?
    sort of.. dvds/games opened and not defective, not returnable. opened and defective, most will exchange for the exact same item, unless noted in this case where the instructions say not to

I do not know of any store that will accept a return on opened software/games.

Sucks that it was defective, but you have to deal with the manufacturer on that one.

I've never come across a store that will allow a new game to be returned if opened. That includes defective product, as you should be going to the manufacturer in that case.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    4GB Mushkin XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    WD 640GB SATA2 (x2)
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Premium

Call the manufacturer up.

for the record, most electronics are warrantied for a year by the manufaturer. most stores will take back or let you at least exchange a product in the first 30 days. this game is not just a cd, its a lot of hardware. I understand the policy on cd's because they can be made into pirated copies of the game. Walmart's policy is 30 days, with most electronics. (but not all). Sony does not make guitar hero, activision makes the game. so activision is the manufacturer that we have to deal with. A different store is considering helping us, so I will not name the store, until I know whether or not I achieve a resolution. Rest assured, I have no problem naming it, if it doesnt come through. But be advised to know the policy before you buy expensive items. Especially items with hard drives and computer technology. My son is not having a good year. His brand new laptop has had to have a hard drive replaced twice this year. His sister has the same laptop and hers has not had any problems. The laptop toshiba policy is that it has to have the same problem four times, before the manufacturer will replace the laptop. within the one year standard manufacturer's policy. However, that product was purchased a futureshop and they took the defective unit back, sent it to the manufacturer, and ensured it was in working order when it was returned to us, on both occasions. So although Futureshop did not repair or replace the unit. They made sure that those details were taken care of for us, and acted as the middleman, since they sold us the product. Sears will do the same on many of their products. SO yes, I am upset with the lack of care or service this store is providing, and I can assure you, I will no longer buy, large ticket items through them again.

Be aware, and know where and how your warranty affects you directly. I should have told my son to buy it at futureshop.
    At least I know, they would have assisted us in this matter.

That has always been the policy with just about any video game right from the get go with nintendo and sega pushing the issue on the original systems and when the store where making less then two bucks on the games not like they cared about selling them. So the policy has stayed since the 80's.

Oh and so you no since I saw you post while I was the lemon law is three times for the same problem so I don't think toshiba should be dumping four times on you.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a le$bian looks at me they think Thats why Im not a heterosexual

it should say right non the box if broken call the company that made it i just bought rock bank for my wii and that is what it said on the box **** happens not everything is perfect

This is going to be like beating a dead horse. You can't return open software.

I know it is more than just software, there is hardware in there. But the merchandise is 1 product! Software/Hardware.

The store you bought it from can't just refund your money because the hardware is defective, there is no way to prove *Unless unopened* that you didn't copy the game.

You also say ALOT in your first post.

You opened it, it was defective. You wanted your money back. Why would you want your money back? You spend $200 for a game, thats a big investment for a game. That means you want it, so why would you just give up so easy and just want your money back after just one hour, when you could get a new unit?

Most stores will trade like for like, you give your defective product and they will give you new. IF you trade rock band for rock band, they will do that, because you are getting the same software you originally paid for.

So you bought the game, why don't you just trade the defective unit in for a new one? You can do that. If you say you can't, i beg you to PM me the stores information and I'll get it exchange for you.

Unless the whole reason is, you just wanted your money back. Which, well, you can't do.

Yeah, what keebler said.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    purchased guitar hero world tour for 209.00 + taxes
    went home set it up
    defective unit

one hour after purchase, store tells me they wont give me my money back
    and i have to pack it up and send it to the manufacturer.

i didnt even own it for one hour.

called manager, told the same

called store head office, was told they were sorry, that the store should take it back, but they can't do anything about it, if they dont, suggested we deal with the manufacturer.

is this even legal? what they heck can we do?

receipt stamped one hour ago.

frustrated and ticked off. make sure you know the policy on these products before you buy them.
    almost every electronic item you buy now, you must return to the manufacturer not the store.
    *Foxconn X38a * Core2Quad * 8GB DDR2 * ATI 3870 512mbx2 * Razer Barracuda* 2TB Sata2 * Lian Li A16

"Giving her the shaft?" I don't think it' giving her the shaft, I think it's normal store procedures.

Any store will trade a defective product for a working on, why only 1 hour later does she want her money back? I'd be just getting a new unit.

Quote Originally Posted by T-pot View Post
    "Giving her the shaft?" I don't think it' giving her the shaft, I think it's normal store procedures.

Any store will trade a defective product for a working on, why only 1 hour later does she want her money back? I'd be just getting a new unit.
    Yes me too,,
    But maybe she changed her mind and wanted to buy her kids something else,,

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information