Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please consider adopting

Default Please consider adopting

Whether it be from the Humane Society or TAAG, if you are considering adding a new pet to your home, please consider adopting from a rescue or a shelter.

Hundreds if not thousands of cats and dogs are killed every year in shelters because so many people let their companion pets breed.

TAAG has a deal on right now for their 4yr old cats and older. They have waived the adoption fee. Instead of monetary payment, all they are asking for these cats is a donation of a large bag of cat food OR a few bags of clumping litter.

Here are a few pics I took of the cats looking for homes. Unfortunately, there are plenty more. Please contact them if you may be interested.

Default Re: Please consider adopting

My apologies for such large pictures. Photobucket seems a bit screwy?

The second one in the 2nd set of shots posted above (the one laying on the laminiate?) - whats his story?

I would love to adopt a cat - the only problem is that I have 2 dogs and I don't know that they would take too well to an adult cat in the house and I don't want to stress the cat out either...

Hubby would love a cat...hmmm what to do?

That's "BONES". He's also the same cat in the 3rd pic in the first set.

Male.. he needs to be neutered still, I believe. I believe he's quite young, maybe a year old? I'll confirm that once I know for sure. But he is young.

He gets free roam at TAAG because he's so outgoing and friendly. He's got such a long sleek body, and has quite long legs.
    His temperment is amazing. He's quite a comical character. He chases all the other cats around.. and doesn't seem to stop for a second. He's extremely active and very agile.

If ever you adopt a cat, and find out that it does not suit your home, we have no problem with taking it back, and either refunding you or trying to find you a better match.

He's a handsome boy thats for sure!

Hubby and I will probably come by the office on my lunch hour to have a look see...maybe we have a home for one of your cats!

Thanks!

I wish I wish......
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by houlegan View Post

I would love to adopt a cat - the only problem is that I have 2 dogs and I don't know that they would take too well to an adult cat in the house and I don't want to stress the cat out either...

Hubby would love a cat...hmmm what to do?
    We were concerned about our dog when we decided to get a cat. Had to introduce them slowly and with time they learned to be in the same room. After a few months they were playing with each other once in a blue moon. Good luck hopefully with a cat adoption!

GRUMPY

True not all dogs hate cats, the only trouble with a cat that Bandit has had is when he tried to sniff the butt of one and she didn't cotton to the idea. Needless to say I don't think he'll be doing that again.

lol grumpy - no I hope he won't be doing that again.

Hubby and I talked about it last night. We did have a cat with my 2 dogs - but she was about 18 years old when she passed. My dogs are 6 and 13 so its not like they are pups and they did previously have a cat around - its all they knew because she was there before they even came.

My cat passed this year on her own - hubby and I miss her dearly. I just don't know now that my dogs would do too well with a new cat but I suppose after all are adjusted they will be just fine.

They will just have to sort it out themselves.

Hubby and I will go have a look today at the TAAG office - probably on my lunch.

Thanks so much for even considering one. Most of the ones in our care are quite used to other animals, as they are tremendously socialized with each other.
    We've been finding that the ones fostered at Yips are quite tolerant of dogs as well, especially when they hang out with a great dane all day.

If you make it there today, I'm sure at least one of them will pull at your heart strings! There's some true gems there.

My cat is so territorial..
    Not sure she would get along so well with a newbie in the home

Thanks Yips - I just go to 515 Albert St East address between 10 and 2 then?? I'll just call and make sure.
    Last edited by houlegan; 12-17-2008 at 11:11 AM.

Yep. It's between Spring Street and Brock. There is parking available behind the house. You can enter behind CIBC on Queen.

I've found that animals will always adjust to a new animal if they are introduced slowly and given time.
    I have three dogs and right now, five cats at my house because I am fostering.

I have had squirrels, rabbits, crows, chipmunks and even a raccoon in my home and they all eventually get along. there may be some ruffled feathers (or fur) at first but they DO adjust.

Ive seen my cats playing hide and seek with a crow, a racoon rough housing and playing with my dogs and I've never had any injuries to any animal .

they WILL adjust . it's just a matter of time
    If animals don't go to Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.~
    Unknown

Hi all - thanks Cheryl - I went at lunch and got a loveable new cat - hubby is bringing him home and getting him settled in.

He didn't have a name so I think I will call him Pacino! I always wanted a cat pacino. LOL

I can't wait to go home from work to see him!

Thanks everyone - pics up soon!
    Last edited by houlegan; 12-17-2008 at 01:25 PM.

That's funny Houlegan..a cat pacino..I Love it!!
    If animals don't go to Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.~
    Unknown

Banned

did u get the grey one like u wanted? what a great people u and your hubby are, to take in a cat in need, right before xmas, how nice and i know he will have a great home, i hope you dogs adjust well to him, it may take time but they will sooner or later get use to him,,,i know your dogs they are sweeties..lol. i m sure they ll be ok.
    Last edited by Sophie's_Mommy; 12-18-2008 at 11:57 AM.

Hey shawns's awww ty u are so sweet!

I'm sure they will all work it out for sure. No we didn't get the grey one, unfortunately.

We walked in and the first one that came to me was the one we got - I wanted to take them all but can only take one. I think his pic above is the Orange tabby on the table.

What a love!

and so very handsome!

congrats houlegan
    i was going to post that the orange one on the table was really gorgeous....i love orange cats

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information