Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fleas!!

Banned

Default Fleas!!

Flea infestation how to get rid of?

Default Re: Fleas!!

depends how bad they are. get some frontline or advantage across the river and put between the shoulders of your pet. vacuum really really well, all areas, in furniture, cracks, baseboards etc and throw away the bag or dump bagless into garbage bag that you throw outside right away (so the fleas dont just hop right back out and into your floors again).

that is all that i have had to do and it has worked. other people like to use the sprays and bombs to kill everything and then vacuum to make sure they get them all.

Banned

thanks Kitca!

For a real infestation a bomb works best. Don't use them if you live in an apartment or can't remove any living creatures from your residence.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Diatomaceous earth, made from the shells of diatoms naturally kill bugs by slicing them and dehydrating them, without the use of poison. Totally non-toxic to pets and humans. In fact it is used to keep silos full of flour and grain pest free.
    It can be purchased for $10-20 for a 2 lb bag. It's a lot cheaper in bulk, and I'm going to place an order in a week or so. If anyone wants in on some let me know, and I'll get a 50lb bag and split the cost. 1/2 a pound is plenty to treat an average home and several pets.
    Last edited by Sillyme; 12-26-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Ugh, I hear your frustration. What I did was to purchase a flea comb from the pet store. Comb through your pet a couple times per day with a warm glass of soapy water right beside you (to put the little buggers in it when you see them in the comb, and you will!)

If the fleas are bad, this alone won't work. I bought 2 'bombs' from the vet in the USA (1 for upstairs, 1 for downstairs). I also bought this pill which kills fleas on the pet instantly, and I bought 3 months worth of Advantage which you put on the middle shoulder blades of your pet. I gave my cat the pill, popped him into his carrier and right into my car, set off the 2 bombs in the house and brought my cat out for the day. I came back to the house (alone) a few hours later, opened up all the windows and left for another few hours. When I got back I vacuumed and threw out the bag (outside) and did this again the following day. I kept combing my cat twice a day to make sure they were gone. There were actually a few survivors believe it or not, but they didn't seem too feisty and after a couple days, there were none. If you look up the life span of a flea online, you'll be amazed how resillient they really are!
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information