Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Useful info!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY KNOW ONE GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY!

GRUMPY

Default Re: Useful info!

I tried to kennel train Bandit and that sure was an experience in its self, I guess when you get a rescue you are not aware of all the baggage that the dog brings with him. I'd never do that again,however if I'd have gotten him as a pup this is the route I'd have taken with him.

something the article missed was to never ever use the kennel, crate as a punishment. The crate is suppost to be a safe place for the dog, not a place to be punished for bad deeds.

And not all dogs like Grumpy said do well in a crate. I know with mine also, I tried but my two evil cats thought it was fun to torment the pup inside the crate, so instead they all have a safe room to be in while I am away.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

2+2= 7 on this bulletin board, and to argue about it is futile.

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

I don't use the kennel with our new puppy. It isn't needed. She has no problems being left alone in the house and is pee/poo trained already. Our other dog is crate trained cause she chews everything in site when were out!

GRUMPY

Its funny but mine reacted violently to being put in one to the point where it was actually bouncing a good 3-4 inches off of the floor while he was in it, but he just loves to have a nap between the couch and the wall.

Oh wow Grumpy...that is sad, kinda makes you wonder what Bandit's story was in his other place. Maybe just being in the pound and locked up?? So nice he has a loving home now
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

2+2= 7 on this bulletin board, and to argue about it is futile.

GRUMPY

he came from an Ausie rescue in Mich.A broken home, kids with disabilities and a whole lot of other stuff too I think. In a way he has his own little kennel. After a dog has been train to use the kennel and sees it as a safe place and not something that is bad its great for them to use as their little den or somewhere to go if it just wants to be alone .

ugh training a dot to think of a kennel as a good place is sometimes to much of a good thing. Today i got a call at work from my s/o telling me that he thinks he lost the dog and asking me if he i let the dog back in before i left for work... (at 7 am) and the call was at around 1 pm... becuse he could not find the dog anywhere and she was not comming when called and her and the cat have not played together all day. SO i was really super paranoid and thinking my litle daytona is outside freezing and lost... turns out she was in her crate all day sleeping in her bed under her blanket...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information