Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: feeling guilty

Unhappy feeling guilty

I had to put my baby down 2 days ago. She was old and her health was failing. She had tears in her eyes and I knew she was hurting. Even though I know deep down it was for the best; it really hurt me to do it and I miss her lots.

Default Re: feeling guilty

Aww i am sorry about the loss of your precious baby, it is hard on anyone to lose a pet no matter when it happens but it is terribly sad to lose anyone or pet at christmas time.

She was 15/26 years. I was carrying her around this past weekend because her back legs would give out. she was weak. We took her out to my brothers and burried her there.

it is one of the hardest things to have to do. i am so sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace, and cross the Rainbow Bridge.
    (That always brings tears to my eyes) True Love is knowing when to let go.

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

i love that rainbow bridge poem.

i also meant to say, please dont feel guilty, you had to do it out of love and respect.

Don't feel guilty Shelby.

Feel comforted in the knowledge that you gave her a wonderful life filled with love and affection.

You did the best thing for her.
    I know it's a difficult decision, but it was a kind one.
    I have no doubt that you will be reunited with her again one day.

I wish you a a Merry Christmas filled with wonderful memories of your pet. Try not to be sad. You did the right thing. Be filled with Peace and comfort.
    If animals don't go to Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.~
    Unknown

thank you everyone for your kind words. It means alot. I hope you all have a merry christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollypop View Post
    Sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace, and cross the Rainbow Bridge.
    (That always brings tears to my eyes) True Love is knowing when to let go.

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

what a beautiful poem

Lightbulb Re: feeling guilty

[QUOTE=Limitation]

I hung in there with the dog I had in my care for close to 14 years.

It was after I told that her that she did not need to try anymore and that I would be ok, that she stopped breathing, while I had been staying close by her.

By that time, I had already most of the preparations in place for the burial of her body.

The ones I could not work out, beforehand, did before and within hours, in what seemed like Divine Intervention, after the complete shutdown, of her body.

She had already been sufferring for quite a time.

The way the she handled herself was truly heroic.

I have so much respect for her.

The last breath I know was the time that God chose for her.

In fact earliar, today, before I had even come back to this site, I had looked over some wonderful pictures.

I would have wonderful memories with or without them.

She remains, deeply, close to me, in spirit.

I do not believe in euthanasia.

My choice of values and priniciples are NOT about a religion.

Without doubt in me, I know this is for no improper purpose or motive.

[QUOTE]

GRUMPY

What you did was out of love and kindness for your friend, I know it hurts but the day will come sooner than you think where you will think of your chum and instead of feeling bad you will smile at some little thing they did. Take care of yourself and all the best for the holiday season.

I'm so sorry you had to do something so painful so close to Christmas. Just know you did the right thing by your pet. It's such a painful decision to make, but it sounds like it was time. My thoughts are with you.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

My thoughts are with you. I know the guilty feeling all too well.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

I wish you good good memories and happy thoughts of your furry friend. I know how you are feeling but you did do the right thing for her.

Thank you all for helping me to feel better. It still hard not having her around the house but I know time will help. I remember the tear she had in her eyes and not being able to get up and I knew that it was better for her, as hard as it was on me. She is not hurting anymore just our hearts. I have'nt responded lately as it was too painful but I am getting better. Thank you to everyone and happy holidays be safe.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information