Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found Dog - Taken to HS

Default Found Dog - Taken to HS

Brought a dog into the HS tonight. Sheperd breed, mostly black with some brown on the face. Big feet and black toenails. He isn't a puppy, but isn't too old either. Maybe coming on a year or under two years? Not sure. Wearing a choke collar with the getmehome tag but nothing registered for him. :-( 'Very friendly, but was nervous and barking and whining when we left him. (I cried, I didn't want to leave him there - and on Christmas Day). I looked on here, Sootoday and Soonews but found nothing of anyone looking for him. Anyway, he is there at the HS. I hope someone gets him... they're closed tomorrow.

Default Re: Found Dog - Taken to HS

poor guy, that was so nice of you to make sure he was ok and safe in the shelter.

Yea we were coming out of work and these two guys were holding him at the doors. We just walked by but we heard the one guy talking on his cell say "He's been following me for two days and I don't know what to do with him" I don't know who he was talking to but the S/O stopped and asked if he wanted us to take the dog to the HS. the guy said sure! Like he was really happy that he could do something to help to dog out. I think he was talking to the police? I am not sure... whoever it was he said he found someone to take him.

Anyway, we dropped him off at the HS, made sure he had water. Went to the S/Os parent's house to get Harley and raided their cupboards. Stole two hot dog weiners and a box of small breed milk bones. Went back on our way home and gave it to him. Left the box there in case any other poor babies get stuck in there.

at least I won't worry about him getting run over now.

that was so nice of you! poor dog, he probably was hungry if that guy didnt know what to do.

Am I allowed to drop in and give him food today? Does anyone at least CHECK in on the night drop on Boxing day even though they're technically closed? I would hate for him to go all day without food or water.

im pretty certain the animals are tended to every day regardless if it is open to the public. i dont think anyone would be available to let you see him, but i dont know for sure.

OKay, I wasn't sure if he would just be left in the night drop off cages all day

its so hard not to start to get attached once you have 'met' the stray animal eh. i know i allways call and check up and worry... ... its nice that you do too!

I drive by the Humane Society every day on my way home from work. As I was driving by this morning, I thought about this poor pooch and was hoping the same thing...that there would be staff checking in on the drop box.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information