Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nasal/Sinus Infection Reilef...HELP

Default Nasal/Sinus Infection Reilef...HELP

I have a really bad sinus infection/cold and it hurts...other then taking over the counter pills and a prescription what can help relieve this feeling of pressure and constant nose blowing
    (I know this isn't in the right spot but i need advice from the mom's out there)

Default Re: Nasal/Sinus Infection Reilef...HELP

Try a warm face cloth and shower the steam and warm water will feel good on your face,,

IMHO

Go up to the Y and get a day pass and get in the hot tub and the sauna....sure to help.

I had sinusitis with one of my pregnancies and couldn't take anything. I ended up doing a nasal bath several times throughout the day and it was gone by that night. Yes, it was disusting, but it worked. Basically you make up a salt water solution and use a syringe or a suction bulb type thing, hang upside down, and squirt the stuff into your nose, shake it around, then blow it out into a few paper towels. I did this twice in a row, three or four times over the course of the day, and it was gone. The only down side was that some of the solution went into my ear canal and so it ached a bit the rest of the day, but nothing like the sinusitis. You would have to googl the exact measurements for the salt solution. It's been a while.
    I am not merely a mass of molecules, incoherently careening through time and space. I am a child of God, destined for another world, a world before which this one pales in significance. Our spiritual preparation for the next world is to be the priority of this life.

Banned

Put some polysporin on a qtip and insert it into your nose. Lay back and let it melt into your nose. This always helps when I have a sinus infection as my doc told me to do it.

BlueSky

Get a tube of wasabi and snort it. (Just kidding! Hope you feel better soon!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie B View Post
    I had sinusitis with one of my pregnancies and couldn't take anything. I ended up doing a nasal bath several times throughout the day and it was gone by that night. Yes, it was disusting, but it worked. Basically you make up a salt water solution and use a syringe or a suction bulb type thing, hang upside down, and squirt the stuff into your nose, shake it around, then blow it out into a few paper towels. I did this twice in a row, three or four times over the course of the day, and it was gone. The only down side was that some of the solution went into my ear canal and so it ached a bit the rest of the day, but nothing like the sinusitis. You would have to googl the exact measurements for the salt solution. It's been a while.
    hey, i saw that on oprah. dr. oz did it. he demonstrated it. and there is a way to learn to do it that it goes up one side and pours out the other. he highly recommended this proceedure, and people who did it swore by it.

also get a pot of boiling water on the stove, put some vicks into it if you like, get a towel and hunch over it letting the steam into your face and nose. do this several times.

Ya i have a pot on the stove right now and put some of those vicks cubes in it...and i have tried the leaning over the steam...seemed to help a bit

You can pick up a Neti Pot from a pharmacy and use it to help flush your sinuses. It looks like a little tea pot, you fill it with the warm solution (usually salt water) and lean over the sink and put the tip up your nose. Something like what Jackie is talking about but without the swishin it around. So many people swear by it and it isn't hard to use.

I bought mine at the Medicine Shoppe on Great Northern and it came with the packets for solution and clear instructions.

I just had a sinus infection and ended up on Avelox (antibiotic) but I'm not so sure it's totally gone.

Hope you feel better soon.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

I would also recommend the neti pot.. works very well

When your in a hot shower, cup your hands together to get a handful of water and snort it in. Burns like a son of a gun but clears it up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lollypop View Post
    When your in a hot shower, cup your hands together to get a handful of water and snort it in. Burns like a son of a gun but clears it up.

Could you not drowned by doing this??

sauna and breathe through your nose

Try a neti pot or sinus rinse. A humidifier might help. Sinus can react if the air is too dry.

i have used the saline spray u get at the drug store, works well...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information