Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Build

Default New Build

I'm putting this together for a friend who needs a very powerful system.

To add insult to injury, this system wont have one game installed for its' whole life. He is using it for video editing alone. We are probably going to use 12 gig of ram with XP pro 64 bit. Any suggestions on a different operating system to take advantage of all that ram?

Default Re: New Build

Might I say : holy crap!
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbzQ....php?sku=34890
    you certainly may and if you haven't already might i suggest a quick view of this link.

This case might be better....... http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...e=COOLERMASTER

More room and bigger'er fannage!!!!!!!
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra54 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbzQ....php?sku=34890
    you certainly may and if you haven't already might i suggest a quick view of this link.
    Hey, another Hardware Canucks member.
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Thanks for the suggestion on the case. He's looking for something kinda understated. I like the case on the video, the water cooled one. He was all gung ho for the hardware but wanted a plain case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra54 View Post
    He is using it for video editing alone. We are probably going to use 12 gig of ram with XP pro 64 bit. Any suggestions on a different operating system to take advantage of all that ram?
    You could try one of the Linux distros...if his editing software supports it. I am surprise though...usually all the video editors are MAC heads....and love their apple workstations.....

PS: You really should load some games on that rig after the build to give it a "break-in" period...LOLOLLO

He does and he is but he is on a budget and a Mac equivelant would be 4-5 grand. This one will be around 3300. It kills me to put that together without loading Grand Theft Auto 4 and crank it and see how it deals with it.

wouldnt it be better to run a high end quadro card and run hackintosh on it? ive ran it myself and could not see any difference between it running on a pc and on my macbook pro.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information