Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Flu or Food Poisoning

Default Help Flu or Food Poisoning

How do you know if you have the flu or it could be food poisoning...All I know is I have severe Diarrhea, constant feeling of needing to vomit and abdominal pains
    Please help I just need to feel better

Chaotic Chick

Default Re: Help Flu or Food Poisoning

The only way I have ever been able to distinguish between the two was by seeing the doctor.

With that said, a few people in my classes (at the college) have had the same symptoms. They were both sick with it for over a week each. My daughter and I have had it as well. My daughter had it for 72 hours, and I have been sick since Tuesday. All of us have had a fever, a clammy feeling, we have been very pale and the abdominal pain was quite severe. It may be the same stomach virus we have all been fighting.

I Just hurt and want to cry feeling like this

Chaotic Chick

I can understand that. It sucks... I have been in bed for most of the week with it. Like I said, people are suffering with it for over a week which is the longest I have ever known anyone to have something like this.

Antone know why my joints ache? like especially my hips and such

i felt like that and i ended up bieing pregnant.

Peanut, there is soemthing big going around right now, just rest and push through it....you'll be ok *hugs*

Your hip joints probably ache because of the diarrhea and poison in your system, whatever is making you sick. The toxins are leeching out of your intestines, and it gives you pain in your lower back/hip joints. The same thing is experienced during a fast.
    I am not merely a mass of molecules, incoherently careening through time and space. I am a child of God, destined for another world, a world before which this one pales in significance. Our spiritual preparation for the next world is to be the priority of this life.

Chaotic Chick

My friend had horrible back and hip pain with her fever related to that flu bug. It is best to take some ibuprofen for the pain, which will also reduce the fever if present. My entire body hurts, and the virus has gone from my stomach to my head. I have laryngitis (two days now), and congestion with a bad cough. I hope it is over soon... thankfully it is a holiday tomorrow so I do not have to work or go to class!

Thanks Everyone for the feedback.... I just want my mom right now this flu is awful and I just want it to go away

Our whole house had the bug, thankfully it only lasted around 48 hours. Mind you this was 48 hours of vomiting and diarhea. Sips of gingerale and sleep is the best thing for you. Once you get your appetite back start off with jello and broth. Don't forget to throw out your toothbrush and disinfect everything your hands would come into contact with.

flus cause joint aches/stiffness
    muscle aches too
    sounds like flu...
    i've had both...if u think it's food poisoning u have to look at what you ate...
    most likely u got the flu
    i had one bad i think 2 yrs ago, freaking nasty vomitting bright orange fluid! wtf???????

i take that back about being pregnant. i woke up from a nap vomiting and fever and body aches and i just want to die right now.

Peanut feeling better today?
    sounds like a very nasty bug going around.

Well I am a bit better...Spent 5 hours in emerg yesterday because i was dehydrated but today seems to be better

You only spent 5 hours yesterday? After throwing up 9 times in 5 hours (tmi) and waited their for 8 hours... I thought i was going to die. I was tempted to drive to st joes or something or maybe blind river. But i didn't have that many barf bags. I have not moved from the couch today. I am glad your feeling better today. I hope that i get over it like now..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information