Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ? About fever in 2 year old

Banned

Default Re: ? About fever in 2 year old

Quote Originally Posted by BrAt View Post
    How old is she? Tylenol makes an Infants' Cold (Plus Cough) medication. It's for children 6 months+.

Here is the dosing chart according to weight.

Under six months Consult physician
    6-11 months (12-17 lbs) 0.8 ml every 4-6 hrs. (max 4 doses/day)
    12-23 months (18-23 lbs) 1.2 ml (0.8 + 0.4ml) every 4-6 hrs. (max 4 doses/day)
    2-3 years (24-35 lbs) 1.6 ml (0.8 + 0.8ml) every 4-6 hrs. (max 4 doses/day)
    >35 pounds Use Children's liquid

Oh, and Jst4u... glad to hear your little one is feeling a bit better.
    i was told by my pharmacist just to use a vaporizer not to use any meds. and she is 7 months and weighs 21 pounds..lol..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jst4u View Post
    They say childrens cough syrup isn't good. I've been recommended not to give her ANY.

She had a bit of a runny nose since Tuesday, a high temperature Thursday evening and the cough started Friday. Her red eye and her high temperature are the reason I brought her to the Dr. on Friday.

If your daughter just has a runny nose, I wouldn't worry about it. The cough would be from the snot tickling her throat and I know from experience...if you cough hard enough for long enough, you will puke. Unless she gets a temperature, don't bring her to the hospital. I sat there for for hours yesterday because people were clogging it up with headaches, sore throats and ridiculous nonsense that they can easily care for at home.
    ya i know , the cough is from her snot dripping down her throat, and coughing so hard makes her puke sometimes, yesterday she projectile puked all over daddy who was at least 2 feet away, it was funny cause she laughed right after doing it..lol, shes had this cold before and i dont think i ll be bringing her to the hospital unless she ends up with a high high fever that won't go away after giving her Tylenol.
    i just asked cause alot of people keep saying to get her checked cause their babys were like that and they ended up really really sick and not eating or drinking, she eats fine she usually drinks 24 -28 ozs a day and the past few days shes been drinking 12 ozs at the most..she is peeing a pooping ok, so i think its just a little cold and it will pass like before..her cough sound horrible and you can hear the congestion in her chest,,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jst4u View Post
    I would be careful about cough medications. My daughter has never had any. I didn't want to take a chance. If it's just a runny nose, wiping it or using a saline solution works. If there's a fever or pain, use Tylenol.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._children.html
    i knwo what you mean, i read all the sites and stuff and it makes me paranoid to give her anything, i did not even want to give her tylenol after she was int the hospital with a uti...

Oh wow. My daughter is a munchkin...21 months and 24 pounds with the appetite of a sumo wrestler lol (usually)

Babz, she is drinking a lot. The Dr's yesterday were surprised that she wasn't the least bit dehydrated. She really does seem to be in a completely different mood today. You can tell she's sick still, but she was lethargic yesterday and couldn't keep her eyes open. Kind of like she was drifting in and out of consciousness.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I did not know that about Infants' Tylenol Cold (or any infant cough medication for that matter). Good thing my kids never needed it that young.

I wonder how they can be permitted to make it and sell it if the complications are that serious. Hm.

Anyhow... hope your kiddies get better soon!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information