Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beauty products????

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

Default Beauty products????

I didn't know where to stick this thread but I figured here was as good as anywhere. What kind of products do you use? What do you swear by? And how much?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE smashbox photofinish, it's a jelly type product you put under your foundation, it helps fill pores(without clogging), fine lines and deeper lines and leaves face baby bum smooth.

Hair frizzy cream/spray? what kind do u find works? Right now I'm trying Marc Anthony moisture gloss

Face moisturizer for super dry skin? I do like Biore pore perfect but doesn't give enough moisture to the skin.

Foundation? I have about 5 different kinds none of which seem to be working well with my dry skin!

Default Re: Beauty products????

i use smashbox foundation primer also. they just came out with the color correction ones so i got the green one. i got smashbox clear blush gel, its supposed to turn color from your own skin composition. its ok, but i find it doesnt last long.

ive been using the no. 7 line of skin products for a year and i really like them. i had noticed my mothers skin was really nice and i commented on it, and she had been using the no. 7 for about 6 months at that time. her sister got it for her in england where it was flying off the shelves. i like it, i dont seem to have the winter dryness. i think it is the 'beauty syrum (sp)' that helps the most. also the line or crack filler seems to help too.

for cleanser i like the cetaphil. however, for teens with pimple problems i have seen great results from the severe acne kit you get at walmart across the river.

i found this one asthetition (sp?) salesperson at sally beauty supply to be very helpful and knowledgeable. it is the older lady with short brown hair, i really liked her alot.

lizzard, what made you use the smashbox stuff? it is sorta expensive (for me anyway) but i read such wonderful reviews about it that i just had to see for myself.

Chaotic Chick

Where can you buy smashbox products? I really want to try that primer!

For frizzy hair, I use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm and John Frieda serum. I used to use another product for straightening/defrizzing my hair and it is no longer made which upset me. It worked great so I have been trying different products. The Paul Mitchell stuff is not the same but it is the closest I have found so far!

I have a hard time finding a decent moisturizer. Everything I use either doesn't moisturize my skin enough or it makes my skin greasy.

I have also had a hard time with foundations. My nose area always looks dry and flakey when I put foundation on but the best I have found so far is Cover Girl's Advanced Radiance Age Defying makeup. I have been using it for about three months and it is very light compared to some foundations.

What I REALLY need to find is a good mascara for lengthening and volumizing. I have tried many, many mascaras and the last one I bought was Stiletto by Maybelline. A total waste of money; I used it three times and gave it to my 13 year old daughter lol. I have almost decided to just go to fake eyelashes.... *sigh*.

you buy smashbox products at shoppers. if you have a senior around, go on the last thursday of the month for a 20% discount.

me too with the mascaras! i got that one where you put the white thickening and lenghening fibres on first then the black coat overtop. i dont like it at all. it seems to work itself off during the day and my eyes are naked.

I've been on this new reventing myself lately and one way is to make myself feel better .. and if u look good u feel good!

I currently am trying these new products:
    1.maybelline volum express mascara : LOVE IT!!! WORKS GREAT
    2.almay smart shade makeup: ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT.. it goes on white and matches your skin tone.. got this @ walmart
    3.pore refining cleanser by neurtrogena: havent noticed much from it..
    4.biore strips :P LOVE THEM
    5.marcelle clay mask: havent noticed much from it.. (im really not sure what the mask will do) and the pore refining stuff, i still have black heads.. so i dunno :S..

Chaotic Chick

Quote Originally Posted by kitca View Post
    you buy smashbox products at shoppers. if you have a senior around, go on the last thursday of the month for a 20% discount.

me too with the mascaras! i got that one where you put the white thickening and lenghening fibres on first then the black coat overtop. i dont like it at all. it seems to work itself off during the day and my eyes are naked.
    Thanks kitca. I am going to look into that.

I have tried a couple of brands of mascars that have the white coat first, then the black coat. They all do that! By the time I was halfway through a shift at work, it had worn off. I was very disappointed with those ones.

lizzard, what made you use the smashbox stuff? it is sorta expensive (for me anyway) but i read such wonderful reviews about it that i just had to see for myself.

Last year when I went to Divas(united way fundraiser) Shoppers was giving out samples...I fell in love with it! However I buy mine on ebay from a reputable seller, good prices way better then what you would get from shoppers. I think I paid $21 for a brand new bottle of the photofinish.

Ohh mascara I have been using Lash blast...from the commercial with Drew Barrymore. I LOVE it...only draw back is I find with other mascaras they don`t dry up so quick inside the bottle where as Lash Blast does, nothing a little water can`t help. It`s in an orange bottle. I`ve noticed too with the smashbox, the primer and the photofinish is virtually the same. I think the primer is a bit more creamy and the photofinish is more jelly like. I LOVE sallys! I do lots of nails and they have been great there. If you buy their card for $5 you can save up to 30%...well worth it as most of the products in the store you can save a ton on. I haven`t even thought about make up there. I only buy nail stuff.

Face - I swear by Nivea. I use the cleansing cream, astringent and the moisturizer (the pink ones).

Mascara - L'Oreal Voluminous (Waterproof) is super great for me. Lengthens and thickens.

Hair - Shampoo/Conditioner I use the Honey & Almond from Sally. Hairspray I use Herbal Essences. Styling cream I use Kaaral. I have searched everywhere and you can't buy it here and I have not seen it on eBay. I bought it in Thunder Bay and am very sad that it's almost gone.

Body - Oil of Olay Ribbons.

Banned

lizzardskills, i have extremely dry skin on my face only for some reason, no matter what i tried nothing would work i got this cream from my doctor within 2 days my face was back to normal all you have to do is apply a tad all over your face once a day and it works wonders..i dont know if thats your problem or not but i have a extra container of it that has never been used if i want it, i had like 4 refills and i dont need that many..lol.
    i dont wear makeup anymore, never have time to apply it nor do i really go out anymore , having a baby is time consuming..lol.and i ve never been a huge fan of make up

Mine is just always dry in the winter....and it make's my make up not go on right. If I'm going to be going that way I'll pm you......I don't drive so whenever I can get that way.

I forgot to add that you can go to cosmetics in Shoppers and ask for samples of smashbox. Usuually they will have sample bags made up of different products and snashbox is in it.

Banned

well if u wanna pm me where abouts you are i can maybe drop it off tuesday to you im going out and about then..lol...this stuff works awesome, i have extremely dry skin in the winter and this took care of it in a flash..lol. i had like flakes and it was red where it was dry and in my eyebrows too and aroiund my nose, nasty but this stuff works wonders..

Lizzardskills I believe you can also buy Smashbox on the shopping channels website

www.theshoppingchannel.com

I use Pur Minerals for all my facial stuff. Excellent makeup.

Hmm thanks Carolyn I'll check it out..

check out www.sephora.com

moisturizer and eye cream i use lancome, the lancome moisturizer is spf 30 can't remember the name of it, it's french lol, the eye cream is an anti wrinkle one...

mascara, i like the old fashioned pink and green tube from maybelline, if i want more volume or length i use estee lauder, can't remember the name

lipstick, lipgloss i use what color i see that i like, lol, i love estee lauder lipsticks, the colours are amazing, quo is nice, i have smashbox lipgloss that is awesome
    there is one gloss from clarins that i have that the colour is amazing, it's a pinky peach color...

foundation for a sheer one i like the one from Benefit (AT Shoppers) called something about faking it lol
    i normally use estee lauder foundations

nailpolish OPI had one a couple of yrs ago called back to the beach peach, the color is amazing for summer! i stocked up on 3 bottles when i found it online lol

this is my fave topic!

it's almost time for bronzer!

I love, love, love beauty products!! Ok, here I go:

Face:

Face moisturizer: Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus - VERY pricy, but makes my skin feel amazing - retails for about $65.00, but you can get it on Ebay for MUCH cheaper!

Foundation: I don't actually wear "foundation", but a tinted moisturizer, Marcelle, can't remember the tint colour I use. It is light and doesn't feel like I have anything on, but gives me the coverage I need to even out my skin tone. Price is generally around $20.00 for a tube.

Powder: I use a mineral powder over the tint - Physicians Formula Mineral loose powder. The compliments I have been getting on how smooth and even my skin looks since I have started using it, makes it worth it! I think it is around $15.00 for it, and it lasts forever! I have been on the same bowl of it for months, and months!

Mascara: I am dedicated to the Rimmel Lash Maxxx. Some people don't like the style of brush because it is not one of the round brushes, but it works great for me.

Lip Gloss: Oh my God, seriously, I am a lip gloss *****. I have an entire pocket in my purse dedicated to lip gloss and my friends make fun of me because I always have a new one. My favourites are: #1: C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine!!! You can get it in Ultra Clear or in different tints. I have all of them. You can get this product at Bath and Body Works. It is $7.50 a tube, and soooo worth it! I can't even tell you how many women I have converted into faithful followers of this lip gloss!! Sigh... Okay, I also use Burt's Bees tinted lip balm for some nice deep colour (topped with the Mentha Lip Shine of course), and when I am going out and really like my lips to stand out, I use Revlon Colourstay Mineral Lip Glaze in Overtime Wine. I also top this with my Lip Shine (I like shiny lips, sue me!) It terms of shade, I usually stick with the deep wine colours, it goes great with my skin tone and hair colour.

Face Wash: I have been doing a lot of switching around lately because I have been having a lot of problems with blackheads on my chin for about the last year, so I am trying to find something, or a combination of something that works. Neutrogena seems to be helping a bit, and I use the Anti-Stress formula. This goes nice with the Estee Lauder face cream as well because they both have cucumber in the them, so you get a nice cooling feeling on your skin. I also use the Neutrogena Blackhead remover astringent.

Hair:

Shampoo and Conditioner: I use Infusium for coloured hair. Every once in a while I will wash with Neutrogena Cleansing shampoo, it will strip all the product residue out of your hair and will leave it feeling nice and clean.

Curl Product: My hair is naturally curly, so to work with what I have, I use Mark Anthony Strictly Curls. I WISH I could afford the Aveda Be Curly, but it is too bloody expensive for the frequency I need to buy.

Straightening Product: When I straighten my hair, I spray it first with the John Freida straightening stuff, then use the John Freida smoothing oil. When it is dry, I use the John Frieda styling lotion to keep it tame and smooth. If I need to use hairspray (hardly ever), I use - you guessed it - John Freida spray! All his products are really good and really affordable - I think every product runs around $10.00.

Hair Colour: I refuse to go to a salon to get my hair coloured after one disasterous visit about 4 years ago. I use Feria, because it uses multiple shades, so your hair isn't all one solid colour.

Body:

All of my body products are Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works. My wash/scrub, body butter and body spray. When I am going out I will switch from the body spray to The Body Shop White Musk oil. It is my signature scent, as I have been wearing it for almost 20 years!

** Forgot to add nail polish - I use Rimmel, and like the darker shades in the winter - there is something about that dark, dark red, almost black colour that is so damn sexy. In the summer, I usually have a shade of hot pink, OPI makes a great one in the hot pink family.
    Last edited by Suze; 03-02-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Had to add nail polish!
    Our mistakes are what make our fate...

suze i have the co bigelow mint stuff too

what about teeth whitening? that is covered in my beauty book right beside the makeup and stuff. i used crest premium and they were ok, i did see a difference. (i did the top first so i could see the difference, then i did the bottom)

i just use the crest classic ones
    the first time i did it i bought the crest professional ones from the dentist, 99$ holy crap they worked great!
    now for maintenance once a yr i use the crest ones i usually get them on sale for 19.99
    i want my teeth to glow in the dark LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I love, love, love beauty products!! Ok, here I go:

Face:

Face moisturizer: Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus - VERY pricy, but makes my skin feel amazing - retails for about $65.00, but you can get it on Ebay for MUCH cheaper!

Foundation: I don't actually wear "foundation", but a tinted moisturizer, Marcelle, can't remember the tint colour I use. It is light and doesn't feel like I have anything on, but gives me the coverage I need to even out my skin tone. Price is generally around $20.00 for a tube.

Powder: I use a mineral powder over the tint - Physicians Formula Mineral loose powder. The compliments I have been getting on how smooth and even my skin looks since I have started using it, makes it worth it! I think it is around $15.00 for it, and it lasts forever! I have been on the same bowl of it for months, and months!

Mascara: I am dedicated to the Rimmel Lash Maxxx. Some people don't like the style of brush because it is not one of the round brushes, but it works great for me.

Lip Gloss: Oh my God, seriously, I am a lip gloss *****. I have an entire pocket in my purse dedicated to lip gloss and my friends make fun of me because I always have a new one. My favourites are: #1: C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine!!! You can get it in Ultra Clear or in different tints. I have all of them. You can get this product at Bath and Body Works. It is $7.50 a tube, and soooo worth it! I can't even tell you how many women I have converted into faithful followers of this lip gloss!! Sigh... Okay, I also use Burt's Bees tinted lip balm for some nice deep colour (topped with the Mentha Lip Shine of course), and when I am going out and really like my lips to stand out, I use Revlon Colourstay Mineral Lip Glaze in Overtime Wine. I also top this with my Lip Shine (I like shiny lips, sue me!) It terms of shade, I usually stick with the deep wine colours, it goes great with my skin tone and hair colour.

Face Wash: I have been doing a lot of switching around lately because I have been having a lot of problems with blackheads on my chin for about the last year, so I am trying to find something, or a combination of something that works. Neutrogena seems to be helping a bit, and I use the Anti-Stress formula. This goes nice with the Estee Lauder face cream as well because they both have cucumber in the them, so you get a nice cooling feeling on your skin. I also use the Neutrogena Blackhead remover astringent.

Hair:

Shampoo and Conditioner: I use Infusium for coloured hair. Every once in a while I will wash with Neutrogena Cleansing shampoo, it will strip all the product residue out of your hair and will leave it feeling nice and clean.

Curl Product: My hair is naturally curly, so to work with what I have, I use Mark Anthony Strictly Curls. I WISH I could afford the Aveda Be Curly, but it is too bloody expensive for the frequency I need to buy.

Straightening Product: When I straighten my hair, I spray it first with the John Freida straightening stuff, then use the John Freida smoothing oil. When it is dry, I use the John Frieda styling lotion to keep it tame and smooth. If I need to use hairspray (hardly ever), I use - you guessed it - John Freida spray! All his products are really good and really affordable - I think every product runs around $10.00.

Hair Colour: I refuse to go to a salon to get my hair coloured after one disasterous visit about 4 years ago. I use Feria, because it uses multiple shades, so your hair isn't all one solid colour.

Body:

All of my body products are Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works. My wash/scrub, body butter and body spray. When I am going out I will switch from the body spray to The Body Shop White Musk oil. It is my signature scent, as I have been wearing it for almost 20 years!

** Forgot to add nail polish - I use Rimmel, and like the darker shades in the winter - there is something about that dark, dark red, almost black colour that is so damn sexy. In the summer, I usually have a shade of hot pink, OPI makes a great one in the hot pink family.
    Editted to add: the ***** that is censored is w h o r e!!! Seriously?? That word is censored???
    Our mistakes are what make our fate...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information