Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beauty products????

Default Re: Beauty products????

for anyone in their mid 40's. my book called 'how not to look old, for women 45 +' says not to wear any powders. it says that powders stick in the lines and makes the skin look old and parched. it says to use liquid foundations that help the skin to look fresh and dewy. this is the book that also spoke of smashbox foundation primer to help fill in the cracks and help the skin to look its best.

wanna know what else the book said? lighten up your lipstick, lighten up your hair and try to add some kind of bangs or hair on the forhead or part of the forhead, whiten your teeth, use a glycolic acid product to renew your skin. i did everything it told me to do, and i did feel better. got lots of compliments on lighter lipstick and hair. was a little thing but made quite a difference.

I use Listerine Whitening mouthwash! That stuff is AMAZING! I did pay over $200 at the Dentist to whiten my teeth (tray, gel etc..). I found it too annoying. Everytime I go to the Dentist, they compliment how white my teeth are.
    Lip gloss is my weakness. I have well over 100 and most of it is Beauty Rush by Victoria Secret. I also have a lot from Bath and Body Works...another weakness of mine. Oh, did I mention that Lush is also a weakness - I have a lot of them when it comes to beauty products too
    I use BeautiControl face products. Its spa quality and I may end up selling it soon.
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

I use 3 different types of foundation..all do the same but different things(and use during different seasons) In the winter my skin is horrible, my face is pale, dry, fine lines very visible, and my freckles still stand out! I have three favorites...L'Oreal visible lift(love this stuff it's my first pick), Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse(recently bought and very pleased), and Olay Advanced Radiance(I like it but I bought a color suitable for summer not winter). The advanced radiance is a restorative foundation with a heavy coverage(great for the eye area if you have darkness). I might have to try the benefit foundation. Sounds like something that might be worth buying.

I have learned over the years to embrace my freckles. I actually like having them now!

I never use foundation or powder on my face. I have found that in the winter I am pale as hell anyway, so why bother, and in the summer I am usually carrying a nice glow from the sun and it is too hot to cake anything on.

I use Oil of Olay Complete All Day UV Defense with SPF 15 everyday. Love it!

Mascara is still being tested by me though. I use it daily and have yet to find one I love.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

I don't mind the freckles during the summer when my skin has a glow but I don't like it in the winter when I look like a ghost. I don't usually where foundation in the summer either, sometimes in the evening but not during the day.

Anyone get their nails done?

Banned

actually on friday i was planning on going to get mine done at the mall, but if you wanna do it and make the money i can arrange that as well..lol..i v seen some of your nails on facebook, i want pink and black, like clear nails wtl maybe pink tips and black incorporated into it somehow.something cool..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information