Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flu...anyone?

Thumbs down Flu...anyone?

if you promise to take it off my hands, I'll deliver for free.

Chaotic Chick

Default Re: Flu...anyone?

I have had it for three weeks; well it was the flu for two weeks and it turned into bronchial pneumonia. Now I wonder.... why did I get that flu shot?

My kids were puking all night last night.. between them they puked 7 times. it was a nightmare.. my little girl who is 9 months old hasnt kept much food down today .. and she is miserble. :S

I also had the flu shot, but they said that there are quite a few different strains. I don't have the stomach flu, I have had a headach since Thurs, yesterday started with fever & the ACHES (from head to toe) I hope it doesn't last too long, I feel like h e l l

Chaotic Chick

Mine started with a headache and sore throat. I had a fever, chills, aches. Ugh. The doctor said it usually only lasts a few days but I have been sleeping only four or five hours a night (staying up late and waking up at 5 am) which did not help. My kids only had it for a few days thankfully.

I hope you feel better soon... it has to be one of the worst flus I have had in the past 20 years or more!

Mine started with the vomiting and diarrhea for 4 days...became dehydrated and then got a chest and nasal cold....its been great

Quote Originally Posted by *PeanuT* View Post
    Mine started with the vomiting and diarrhea for 4 days...became dehydrated and then got a chest and nasal cold....its been great
    I hear you for 2 days straight I had that I couldnt even get off of the bed. They say that gravol doesnt even work for this strain and as far as I know they are right because it sure didnt work for me. I thought I was going to die. It was awful!

Banned

i never get sick thank god..lol.and i ve never had the flu shot...i feel bad for ALMOST everyone who has had this flu. its a bad flu but only lasts like 3 -4 days... but sucks ....my parent had it and sisters, and i felt bad for them..

I had horrible stomach cramps and puked for about 12 hours straight and that was it. That was a few weeks ago, though. My daughter has had it twice and developed pneumonia from a cold I have a bad cold and nasal congestion...but that's it.

Other than this year...the only time I've had the flu in the last about 10 years is the one and only year I got the flu shot. Go figure lol I haven't had the flu shot since.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banned

my daughter just got over her cold, it lasted exactly 2 weeks. when she went to the doctors for her check up (had nothing to do with her cold) the doctor said it lasts about 2 -3 weeks. lots of kids have had this cold this winter.
    Your daughter feeling better yet?.

She's still sick. She still has a bit of a fever and is a bit achy and a really runny nose. Disgustingly runny. The good news is, she's learned how to successfully blow her nose all by herself lol
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banned

lol, thats good, i wish i could of taught mine to blow her nose, it bothered me that you can hear it and know that if she just knew how to blow it would all come out, i tried to nose sucky thing, that just pissed her off after awhile she d see me coming with it and freak out and turn her head,..lol..but shes all better now thank god. How long does pneumonia last? Shes had it for a while now...poor thing..

When I was in the hospital last week (after she swallowed a metal hair clip) the xrays still showed some pneumonia. The Dr. said it may last up to a month...she sounds better and is acting more like herself, so I'm not overly concerned anymore. I'm still keeping a close eye on her, though.

She'll be two in May...it's about time she learned to blow her nose lol It's cute, she'll grab a kleenex and blow into it, ball it up and put it in the garbage...all by herself! hehe

Banned

omg she swallowed a hair clip? did they take it out or did she poop it out, thank god she did not choke, it could of been worse..kids will be kids, i think every kid swallows something in their life..lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information