Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: breeders/owners of small dogs?

GRUMPY

Default Re: breeders/owners of small dogs?

by the time the battle would be over I'd be in it

That's something that I can imagine watching. Talk about funny! haha

I have a chi, he is not an accessory or a dog, To him he owns my house and everything in it.
    I have to say they are thee most stubburn and very very hard to train dogs.
    Not impossible I promise just not easy.
    I have to say he is just like my 12 year old.
    Tries to get his own way, will voice his opinion regardless if he gets grounded or not.
    Oh and don't turn your back they love pay backs very bright little monsters lol.

An amazing liitle dog to have is a Lhasa Apso- they don't shed , they can grow long hair or you can keep it cut back.
    Not to small and very very cute.
    My sister has 2 and they are fantastic!

Edit to add my sister will be breeding hers next spring she wants to wait one more year before she becomes a mom.

I have a Pomeranian I got from a breeder down in Cobalt Ontario. I personally chose the Pomeranian because of their looks and the lifestyle they need. I absolutely adore this breed. Mind you when I decided to get a small dog i did do alot of research to determine what breed would best suit me, my living environments and what care they were need.
    I think when choosing its all personal preference. There are lots of sites you can go to determine what breed would best suit you and your lifestyle.
    Good Luck

I started my research 6 weeks ago and have not narrowed the field by much yet. It will be awhile before i make my choice. Thanks for the input.

GRUMPY

Take your time as it isn't a race and hopefully the dog will be part of your family for years.

grumpy not sure if your intent is to lecture but I will obviously take the time to make and informed choice. Not only on breed but on breeders or rescue organizations. This is not my 1st dog.
    Have done the pound puppy, rescue, purebred routes.

I strongly believe that when the right dog for you comes along it will choose you and you won't have a chance....lol. All of my dogs have come along when I least expected it and they had themselves wrapped around my heart before I knew it and they had to come home with me.

2 cats, 1 Rottie and 3 shih tzu later I try to avoid puppies and the shelters/rescues when I am feeling soft hearted.

But I love them all!!!!
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

agree wholeheartedly Asked rescued lab she coming......she jumped into van and into our hearts. Knew instantly which pup was mine at the breeders.

GRUMPY

Thumbs up Re: breeders/owners of small dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by mags View Post
    grumpy not sure if your intent is to lecture
    No just being friendly thats all as it is an important decision for all involved and that is if you actually get the chance to pick the dog; as stated before sometimes its the dog that chooses you. That was the case of my previous dog where I went to the pound 99% sure that I was going to get a certain dog only to leave with one that I hadn't seen before. I was so lucky and am still grateful that she chose me as it worked out so nice. It doesn't really matter which dog you do end up with as all you have to do is just show them a little TLC and it'll be repaid a million times over.

GRUMPY

Quote Originally Posted by JoyD View Post
    I strongly believe that when the right dog for you comes along it will choose you and you won't have a chance....lol. All of my dogs have come along when I least expected it and they had themselves wrapped around my heart before I knew it and they had to come home with me.

2 cats, 1 Rottie and 3 shih tzu later I try to avoid puppies and the shelters/rescues when I am feeling soft hearted.

But I love them all!!!!
    I totally stay away from the pups as I know that they will find a home its the older dogs that I go for as they are all done with their silliness and what you see is what you get plus the fact that they seem grateful for the home. Also not having to house brake them is a bonus.

Grumpy both your posts are full of truths.

Hi I have a small poodle type pup for sale. If interested e-mail me ; dovewings@soonet.ca

GRUMPY

maybe if you posted it in the correct spot somebody might see it

Never been a fan of puppies myself...
    Give me an older dog looking to be a part of a family! I want someone to talk to, cuddle with, sit on the couch and read with.
    You don't really know what you're getting with a puppy. But with an adult/elderly dog it's all there to see straight away.

GRUMPY

VERY true. I also get a kick out of it when I hear people say that they want a pup because they'll have them longer than they would an older dog, I didn't know they came with a best before sticker.

I've had a pup, a rescue dog, an adult and they all have their charms, pluses, trials & tribulations. Can't say that I would a pup, a rescue or an adult over the other. A good dog is not a matter of choice its karma, kismet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information