Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I.U.D.

Default I.U.D.

Has anyone here ever had one? What are the pros and cons, in your opinion? I have googled it, but I'd like some personal experiences. What kind of IUD did you have?

Banned

Default Re: I.U.D.

i was going to get one but i dont know now if i will...i have a friend she had a iud put in about 6 years ago, she went to the doctors for a apa and the dr could not find the iud, so he did xrays and it sonme how got logged up under her rib cage ..very very rare that happens but she had to have surgery to get it out, but i told her things happen for a reason, if it was not for that happens she would not of known she had ovarian cancer and she woulda of left behind 5 children..but anyways i dont think its a good idea, i heard they are more problems then good..but they have came out with a new B.C methods that its a temp clamp thing done to your tubes and can be reversed withing a couple minutes, id ont know if its in the soo yet but im going to ask my doctor about it when i go see her..
    my aunt told me a story about her and my unlce and her iud, he hrt his pee pee on it, actually cut a pretty big gash in the tip of it while having sex.. :$

IUD's are ok. The putting in part does not hurt but about 30 min later you get bad cramps. Make sure you go back and get it checked every so often to make sure that it is still their. If they cut the string right you can't feel it during sex. You can still become pregnant while you have an iud in, it is supposed to prevent implantation, but like all b/c can fail and you can become pregnant. If you do become pregnat while you have an iud in they will remove it and some times the pregnancy will miscarry and sometimes it stays and will progress to a normal pregnancy. In this case they will watch you closely and monitor your hcg blood levels. From experience it sucks. I had the minera iud with the hormone in it. I didn't have any headaches infact it took my migranes away after i had it put it. and zero cramping during peroids. pm me if you want to know more.

I had an iud after my 1st child loved it. Used it till wanted to get pregnant & had it removed. Perfect for me cause couldn't take the pill. Had tubal when 2nd child born otherwise would have used iud again. Only pros for me no negative experiences.

What about libido...compared to using the pill?

I'm not sure of the physical part, but I know morally, that it does not prevent conception, it prevents implantation. So, if you have a problem potentially flushing a fertilized egg out with menstruation month after month, then the IUD is not for you. Also, if you do become pregnant, the IUD can become lodged in the developing baby.

I had a tubal last Friday because I could not in good conscience use a birth control method that might kill my baby. I would have preferred a less permanent method, but the ones I didn't morally object to, also weren't very reliable.

Good luck finding the right method for you.
    I am not merely a mass of molecules, incoherently careening through time and space. I am a child of God, destined for another world, a world before which this one pales in significance. Our spiritual preparation for the next world is to be the priority of this life.

I couldn't take the pill and the shot and was advised by my doc that an iud would be my next best chance. And because i was still young and eventually wanted more kids and with a very low failure rate I did my research and went with the iud. Seriously i had no complaints. It does not prevent ovulation or conception, it is supposed to prevent implantaion. and 13 months of having it i got prego. it was still really early when i found out so they took it out and explained that it could miscarry or it could grow into a normal pregnancy. After this i did some reasearch on line and some people keep the iud in during pregnancy due to it's placement and everything... After this one i am getting a tubal.

i didnt get an iud because you can still conceive a baby but the fertilized egg doesnt implant into the uterus, it seems morally wrong to me, and also a friend of mine had major problems getting it put in and she ended up in the hospital with an infection...

ive had a couple over the years and have had no problem. when i was in my early 20's had one for several years and it was easy, no side effects or problems at all. then i had the minerda (sp?) for the hormone problems. again, it helped and i didnt have problems, untill after 3 years it started falling out. however i would still get it again if needed.

I had one after my first and second children. When we decided on the third, we were pregnant within the first month after it's removal. After the third I again had the IUD, however, I did get pregnant with it in. It was removed immediately, and for weeks we had no idea if the pregnancy was going to continue. Unfortunately it did not turn out well. I had my tubal shortly after. You think it's such a small percentage for failure....until it does. All three IUD's I had were copper 7's.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information