Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anxiety Disorder

Default Re: Anxiety Disorder

Quote Originally Posted by zoo crew View Post
    I suffer from severe panic and anxiety. Meds work for some people but for me there were too many side effects. My therapy ended up being my dog. She is a companion that can sense my anxieties and has helped so much. When I begin to get worked up she licks my face or my hands and from that point we go for walks or we have cuddle time on the couch. I know some people may think this sounds so simple that it wouldn't work but it does. It just takes a very special dog.....
    i believe you....
    i get freaky in the winter, no panic attacks, but it affects me somehow
    in the summer im a different person....
    it's all about being outside, being in the sun etc
    crazy eh?

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

I started a new medication about a month ago and one of the side effects people seem to have are panic/anxiety attacks and low and behold I had 3 in a row(3 days) all day long! I'm hoping it's a side effect that goes away and it's only temporary cause the medication is doing wonders for me, other than the new side effect of panic/anxiety attacks. Today I seem to be fine so far. I haven't had one in two years and now this ugghh.

I sent you a PM.

I deal with anxiety atks everyday and have gotten some great tips from the social worker I work with to help change things etc. If you need some support I'm willing to listen, drop me a line on msn messenger matrix_gta@hotmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gimic View Post
    I deal with anxiety atks everyday and have gotten some great tips from the social worker I work with to help change things etc. If you need some support I'm willing to listen, drop me a line on msn messenger matrix_gta@hotmail.com
    no Paxil...?

Quote Originally Posted by gewgaw View Post
    well, i suffer from OCD and BDD my doc gave me Paxil... there are other meds you can take but the only other option is the cognitive therapy the stuff Keebler does

Paxil is an anti depressant

Chaotic Chick

Paxil (and some other anti-depressants) work well for panic attacks. The only thing is, there are nasty side effects and withdrawals once one has quit them. Paxil and Effexor are two of the worst for that. Prozac and Luvox are sometimes used for panic disorder as well.

I tried every medication there is for panic attacks and anxiety. There are some things that make them worse like smoking, caffeine and alcohol. Not eating properly can cause anxiety to get worse as well. I hated the medications. I was always trying a new one and always having to go through side effects and then withdrawals. So I quit all of the meds and went to therapy and now they are pretty much gone. I get the occasional bout of anxiety related to exams but that is about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gram View Post
    Paxil is an anti depressant
    depression = OCD, anxiety???

Yeah I am on Paxil, 60mg I find it has helped some, but the real thing that helped was seeking counsilling for the issue and being able to get help and deal with the anxiety at hand and the things that cause the anxiety and what not. I've been feeling much better since seeking counsil.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information