Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crunching sound when braking

Default Re: Crunching sound when braking

Quote Originally Posted by Canwrench View Post
    "Your dealer knows the system best, That's why we go on training"

LOL thats funny you's guys are all the same think you are the top of the feld and ONLY you know how to fix cars. I have seen the dealer take people to the cleanners over fixing simple things !!!! Only to show up at my door not fixed
    You didn't read all the posts in the thread...This is not a debate about who is better, I will stand by my word that the Dealer knows the cars they sell
    and service the best..Hands down. Everything that local small shops learn is because the dealers have already found the problem. I will not argue with you about this
    If you think dealers rip all there customers off. ..Then that's your opinion. But I know different. This thread was a simple question about ABS brakes..on a 2009 car.
    If you have nothing to add that is positive then please don't respond to this thread.,...Thanks.
    Last edited by fenderbass; 03-19-2009 at 01:18 PM.
    Die Lügen sind wie Schneebälle: je weiter man sie fortwälzt, desto größer werden sie: Lies are like snowballs: the farther they roll, the greater they grow

Quote Originally Posted by giggle squirt View Post
    ya the distance thing with abs is very true..
    NO.

No.

NO!

Did I say "NO"?

If your front tires are locked up and sliding, you cannot steer your car. A sliding tire has no traction. That's why it's sliding.

Tell you what. Try making a panic stop on a slippery curve with no ABS, and try it with a vehicle with ABS. The ABS will allow you to keep control of your vehicle. Lock up the non-ABS vehicle, and you'll be calling a tow truck to pull you out of the ditch/snowbank.

my dad asked me the same thing and hes suppose to know about cars :P hahaha..
    abs!!

Quote Originally Posted by short_circutz View Post
    NO.

No.

NO!

Did I say "NO"?

If your front tires are locked up and sliding, you cannot steer your car. A sliding tire has no traction. That's why it's sliding.

Tell you what. Try making a panic stop on a slippery curve with no ABS, and try it with a vehicle with ABS. The ABS will allow you to keep control of your vehicle. Lock up the non-ABS vehicle, and you'll be calling a tow truck to pull you out of the ditch/snowbank.
    If you read the post before mine, the person posting said that the distance with abs is longer i was simply agreeing. And yes i have locked up a car with out abs going around a corner on the ranger lake road. Both on gravel and when it was ice packed. ANd if you read my post after that i did explain how the abs will let you stear you vehicle and maintain control. While a non abs vehivle you will slide and not have any control.
    Thanks.

i only have one problem with my abs brakes it comes on too soon i have to bring it in and have them adjusted to start later they come on way to early and over notning

Banned

maybe ice-cracking on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by corn316 View Post
    i only have one problem with my abs brakes it comes on too soon i have to bring it in and have them adjusted to start later they come on way to early and over notning
    what type of car/truck do you drive...there is no adjustment for ABS..
    Die Lügen sind wie Schneebälle: je weiter man sie fortwälzt, desto größer werden sie: Lies are like snowballs: the farther they roll, the greater they grow

The only time i have ever had an issue with abs comming on too soon and for no reason was when the wheel bearing was going and it was messing up the wheel speed sensor... SO the only solution to my problem was a highly expensive wheel bearing...

Quote Originally Posted by gearheadjay View Post
    what type of car/truck do you drive...there is no adjustment for ABS..
    bet it's a chev product....around 95-2000?? they had problems with abs brakes coming on too soon over the slightest..it was a little malfunction that was caused I believe by the unit itself, not the sensors....
    Last edited by MissMuffett; 03-22-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: UGH!! this was Timbit again......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    bet it's a chev product....around 95-2000?? they had problems with abs brakes coming on too soon over the slightest..it was a little malfunction that was caused I believe by the unit itself, not the sensors....
    It was caused by rust build up under the front speed sensors...Causing the sensor signal to
    drop off. The EBCM would see it as a wheel slip and set the BPMV into ABS mode...Easy fix if the sensors come out, Clean the rusted area were the speed sensor sits on the hub. Use a good pimer
    and allow it to dry..repeat this three times. Clean the sensor and reinstall..repeat this for the other
    front. and test in a parking lot. ABS should be good. So yes it wasn't the sensors causing the system
    to go into ABS mode...it was rust.

actualy its a ford escape 06 and they are controled by a computer so they can be adjusted and if one tire is on dry pav and the other on ice it should not come on

Quote Originally Posted by corn316 View Post
    actualy its a ford escape 06 and they are controled by a computer so they can be adjusted and if one tire is on dry pav and the other on ice it should not come on

Did Ford tell you they could adjust your ABS?..

Well thanks for all the replies. It certainly was the ABS. Doesn't do it anymore as the roads are nice. I've driven in vehicles with ABS and none of them ever felt like that. However, they were considerably older compared to this one so that could explain it since the brakes wouldn't pulse nearly as quickly as on this car.
    Once again, thanks for the replies. Please continue your debate on ABS, it's quite educational lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information