Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: advice on puppy spilling water bowl?

Default advice on puppy spilling water bowl?

he just has a habbit of tipping it over and then he has no water any idea;s?????

Default Re: advice on puppy spilling water bowl?

What we use for our pup is the steel bowls that sit in the rack. Or you can use the ones that are bottom heavy.

My cat does this and so does my sisters cat. It must be a persian thing in our family! Right now we have a flowing fountain for pets without any problems. Have you thought about getting one?
    Last edited by LettuceLady; 12-22-2008 at 08:16 PM.
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lady*Lettuce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Liam my cat does this and so does my sisters cat. It must be a persian thing in our family! Right now we have a flowing fountain for pets without any problems. Have you thought about getting one? </div></div>

my luck he will throw that around lol

GRUMPY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he just has a habbit of tipping it over and then he has no water any idea;s????? </div></div>

Inside or outside?

inside

this lil guy sounds like a handful!!

i think its just fun to do! a bowl that is bottom heavy and bottowm wide that cant tip may help. i know of some dogs that just love to play in their water dishes and make a mess. one of those things? your dog may like a plastic pool outside t play in (supervised while he is still small though)? my friend just got her 3 yr old dog a large pool and he plays for hours in it!

I have a huge self watering jug I got at Canadian Tire. It holds 2.75 gallons of water so it's really heavy and isn't going anywhere.
    I do have the watering fountain for the cats as well. They love it but it's expensive. I think I paid almost $80 for mine.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

GRUMPY

For some reason my dog has gotten the idea that the water in the watering can is so much better than any other water in the whole world. So when it comes to water they can have strange ideas .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DragonFly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this lil guy sounds like a handful!! </div></div>

yes he is unless he is sleeping lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lady*Lettuce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Liam my cat does this and so does my sisters cat. It must be a persian thing in our family! Right now we have a flowing fountain for pets without any problems. Have you thought about getting one? </div></div>

my luck he will throw that around lol
    </div></div>
    Its actually pretty heavy. There are 3 areas that are filled with water so there is no way they can tip it.
    Here is a picture of Sadie checking it out [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

we use the same thing as us2 does, but you can order them where they attach to the wall or the side of the cage then he can't toss them around...LOL have fun this puppy sounds like a handfull.

Banned

my ex's mother's dog would spill his water all the time, so she went out in the yard and got a medium size rock, cleaned the rock, put it in the water dish and never was water spilled again..lol..just a idea if u dont want to spend a arm and a leg on those 80 dollar dishes that wont spill

Banned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grumpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For some reason my dog has gotten the idea that the water in the watering can is so much better than any other water in the whole world. So when it comes to water they can have strange ideas . </div></div>

yes dogs are weird, my dog , i can have 20 dishes of cold clean water scattered around my house but he will go for the toliet water before the clean fresh water put out for him..lol.

in the house my cats drink from the dogs water dish. It has turned into a communal watering spot.
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information