Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: larger dog beds

Default larger dog beds

anyone know what kind is the best to get are ceader filled ones any good?

Default Re: larger dog beds

I've tried sooooo many through the years and I've learned a few things. Make sure it fits in a washer! We really like the large white square ones that are meant for kennels/cages. They wash well, and are pretty comfy. We've tried the cedar ones and ended up throwing them out because of "accidents".
    The white ones also hold their shape rather than bunching up and you feeling like you have to straighten their bed all the time.

Even though many of them have a washable cover, things get through that cover and then it's time for the garbage. The giant pillow types are ok, but don't wash well and some dogs aren't comfy on the top looking down (even though it's only a couple of inches). The white ones have a soft ridge so they can rest their chin if they like.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Good points, Loopy.

General, also consider that your dog is a pup, and will probably rip things to shreads for a couple more months, if not for his first year. Sometimes it saves you cash to just use old towels and blankets you have around the house instead of buying a bed for 50 dollars or more, just to have him chew it apart in a matter of days.

Those white ones that fit in crates are ideal, just like Loopy said. They are less expensive, and definately easier to clean, and fit proper in any size of crate.

I forgot the puppy factor. You could always use an old pillow til he gets bigger or pick up a doughnut bed. I have them for the pugs, they also wash well. The one piece is best as you don't have to fix it all the time. Last one I got was from Canadian Tire for under $20 but pet stores are best.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

these aren't cedar filled - but they are amazing! LOVE ours!

http://www.kuranda.com/shop/products.asp

they come in all sizes!

Those look wonderful, I may just invest in a couple. Thanks for posting the site.

I tried a cedar one and my dog wouldn't go near it. $50 down the drain. I then went up to the VV boutique on Northern Avenue and picked up a sleeping bag and washed it and he sleeps on it all the time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information