Thread: Advice!!!!!

Default Re: Advice!!!!!

Good for you Mo~Jo!!!!! Great choice!
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

Thats awesome
    good luck with everything

HDV, As a Shelter worker in Sault Michigan, I can assure you we get more nasty pits in then we get good. with all of the out of control breeding on them and the Hard core people wantiing them to be tuff. that is where all the mean pits come from. I dont think they are a bad dog its Just the many of BAd breeders, Then you have the MAny many many pit mixes. most of them are nansty,because yiu got the people crossing them with rottis and dobes and huskey and shephards.. etc, think they can get even tuffer dogs, they seem ok till you try to temperment test them,... Let them do what they want and they are sweet. tell them to do something you want and all hell breaks lose.. A pit puppy should only be purchased from a RESPECTABLE breeder, with a line of nice temperments, and To me a good pit breeder will only sell on a spay and neuter,

I wont be getting a pit from there.. I will probably just get the one thats been in there the longest.

Your awesome Mo~Jo!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: **PeAnUt**</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I look at it this way
    How many hours per day can u devote to a pitbull...from what i have seen if there with someone all day long training them..there wonderful pets...when there alone for 8-12 hours per day they become very aggressive...
    18 is young age to raise a dog
    ...factor this in please...im 21...I have a Dog...live on my own

30$/ month on food
    toys...
    100$/ month to have someone watch her while im at school
    walks..
    not being able to go out all night...
    having to live with her destroying things if i dont pick up everything...
    over 400$ in vet costs when all said and done

Like dogs are great but u have to understand the work that u have to put into them...its not easy...
    your 18...your young...like don't get me wrong you could be responsible but i dont think neone has ne idea how much work is involved until u get them...
    please...please consider this...You have to have the time or the money to have them socialized or elses ur asking for trouble
    This really goes out to ne1
    </div></div>

Wow, I was 12 when I had my first mutt. 16 when I got my second, and 18 when I got my first "dangerous breed". No, NO one helped me train, raise or feed my dogs, just me.

They were all left alone 8-12 hours a day, why? I had to work and/or go to school.

Please tell them that they are supposed to be aggressive, because if I yell @ the oldest "dangerous breed" he throws up. And all of my dogs have been raised with babies too, in fact as I type this, the dangerous breeds are licking the baby. Maybe they are tasting him for later???

By the time I was 21, I had SIX dogs, all very well taken care of AND I had a 2 year old baby AND I ran a business. AND I will say I can take my dogs ANYWHERE with NO problems. Even though they were left alone 8-12 hours lol. Seriously, any kid, any adult, any dog or cat. My dogs are very good dogs and if someone doesn't like them, they get depressed and won't stop til you like them just a little bit.

Age is not a factor in raising a pet, maturity level is. And the amount of time they are left alone, providing it isn't excessive (like 16 hours a day) does not make a mean dog. What makes a mean dog is the way YOU raise them. Though a dog left alone for any period of time can develop behavioral issues, it is not a guarantee. Please don't generalize [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your awesome Mo~Jo! </div></div>

Yes, rescuing any dog rocks [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Yes your right and I wish more people would do it.

Thank you .. and I agree I wish more people would rescue dogs!!

I'm so glad you-mo jo - are rescuing. very kind of u.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information