Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Itchy Nose

Default Itchy Nose

I know it's allergies..but I just want to pull it OFF!

I'm taking allergy meds (Reactine) which clears the stuffiness in my sinus, but my nose itself is killing me. Inside my nose is itchy and sore (raw). Anybody know of a spray or cream I can put in there to make it stop?

I asked my co-worker if he had a wire brush I could stick up there to scratch it. He said there's a brush in the restroom beside the toilet that would be perfect. Needless to say, I'm looking for another alternative.
    The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.

Default Re: Itchy Nose

try an over the counter cortazone cream, or a cream that you would use for chicken pox, like an aveno and put it on the inside of your nose. it will stop the itching. that is what i do.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

witch hazel. The same thing happened to me and I used it.

i use that saline spray sometimes
    rhin-something-or-other
    also, there is a gel (not sure if it's the same company) to moisturize ur nose

ask the pharmacist, i find they are more helpful sometimes than dr's

Thanks guys.

I talked to a pharmacist last night and they gave me this stuff called "Secaris". 'Bout $4 for a tube about the size of a small tube of toothpaste. The biaotch had the nerve to say "We suggest it to a lot of seniors who use oxygen tanks and people who have breathing tubes".

I said "thanks" :\

(did I mention that I'm not even 40 yet?)

So I go home, anxious try this stuff. I open the tube, which requires the "reverse the lid and use it to poke out the top" technique. It comes shooting out in tablespoons. I'm catching it as it drips, looking around desperately for somewhere to wipe the excess. So I wipe it on the back of my other hand for now. Trying to manage to apply a *tiny* bit of the viscous substance to the *tip* of one finger so as to deposit it up my nose. Now I have one WHOLE hand drenched in this stuff (which resembles KY jelly btw) and I'm rubbing it all over inside and under my nose (more the better, right?).

Wrong.

When this harmless, clear water soluable gel dries, it solidifies.

I'm downstairs watching tv and my nose gets itchy..so I rub it a bit. Now I've got giant clear/white CRUMBS falling out of my nose. My partner walks in the room and I'm sitting there with all these bits of ??? all over my shirt, on the sofa, the side table..etc. I tell him

"my node is gooed shut".
    "huh"?
    .."I said..my NODE is gooed shut"

..he walks out.

So now I'm in the bathroom with a damp washcloth trying to REMOVE this stuff. My shirt sleeve is glued to my other hand (remember the *excess*)? My nose is now KILLING me and my nostrils resemble the bunged up nozzle on an overused can of ultrahold hairspray.

Just when I think I've succeeded in ridding myself of this offensive substance, I crawl into bed and he looks at me and says "you've got a bat in the cave". I roll over and tear up.

Bear in mind the purpose of this mission in the first place. My nose is raw, scabby, FRICKEN sore..and I've been fussing with it for an hour now.

So I start over.

with vaseline.

works fine.
    The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.

LOL
    that ws better then the waxing email i got last year!

hope your nose heals soon.

omg i am laughing so hard i am crying... i am sorry about all your horriable experiance but i am glad that i can laugh at your expense...
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

Spendbender...try using Bactiban if you have nose sores or Hydrocortisone cream for the dryness...put a little on the end of a Qtip and just apply it to the inside of your nose. Either one should help out with the sore nose, just keep applying it especially at night while u are sleeping. Hope all goes well, I suffer from the same thing each year, either one of the ones mentioned should work for you.
    *Friendships are like stars, they give your life a little twinkle.*

OK...what you need to use is a Nasal Flow to flush out your nasal cavity and sooth your airways. Medications seem to dry them out and then they crack, bleed, etc. I have been there. I was a Non drowsy Sudafed user to the extreme. Since I started to to rinse (for over 2 years now), I haven't taken allergy medication since. You can pick it up at any pharmacy store (I suggest a Rexall Pharma Plus but that's just me).

Here is a link... http://www.neilmed.com/pdf/ppnasalirrigation.pdf

Good Luck
    One...Two...Three...Four...Five...Six...Seven...Os wald was a Fag. - The Usual Suspects

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information