Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where?

1340 Great Northern Rd, in the Frontier Village next to the Trading Post

Default Where?

I can't afford to buy flowers to plant this year.

1. Where can I go to buy seeds to plant in pots outside?

2. Any suggestions on which type of flower/plant seed to buy since these pots have to stay outside and cannot be started inside?

3. Can I plant something in pots that will come up again next year?

Default Re: Where?

Check with friends to see if anyone is seperating some of their perrenials.
    I have not had good luck with planting in pots.
    If you have the ground space, I would be able to seperate some of my lily's, and one other one I can't think of the name of right now that spreads quickly.

canadian tire has lots of seeds, zellers usually does to but i don't know if they have them in yet
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Check out Canadian Tire ,,They have sales on plants.

Thanks, I just got home from Walmart. They had a lot of seeds there. Thanks for the offer Lollypop, but unfortunately don't have the back to do the garden thing. That's why I am stuck with pots. Hubby won't help with such "a waste of money". Now that I am laid off I had to buy seeds in hopes of doing something with all these pots that I have. Thanks again.

Wish me luck,

the problem with planting perrineals in pots is that the roots freeze and they dont make it. (i know they freeze in the ground too, i dont know how to explain the difference, insulation maybe)

i have some dalia tubers that you can have to plant in pots. all you have to do in the fall is let them dry out and pack them in newspaper till th following spring. (tubers are sort of like small yams). i also have iris that need to be split. i dont know if they will make it over the winter in the pot, but just dump them out on the ground for the winter. they should still bloom this year. i also have other stuff in my garden that self seeded. just give me a pm and we can arrange details.

PM to ya, Kitca....thanks

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

I might have some seeds I can hook you up with. My garden is almost all planted and I have some I can spare. Good place online for seeds is www.cheapseeds.com $30 and you'll have more than plenty.

Yeah, I am having the same issue. I cant afford much either but heres the catch mt landord has put stipulations on what I can have they "have to be flowery or we are digging them up or getting rid of the pots" so yeah..suggestions?
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

how can your landlord tell you what type of plants you can plant? thats wierd!

yeah well hes a moron. We arent allowed to have our kids outdoor toys outside, our bbq on the porch, certain types of flowers, the garden that we dug he took over..u name it he has a rule. So any one know of any flowers that are worth getting, that are "flowery" but arent extremely high maintence that will be ok in full sun or partial shade?
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

wow, thats too bad. he is a real jerk. does he live in the same house (duplex) to keep such a close watch? i dont think he can keep you from letting your kids toys be stored outside. that is just mean. same with your flowers, my god. tell him to go get you some since he is so picky. tell him to buy you a flat of wax begonias or impatients, wax begonias being much less maintence of watering. also tell him to buy you a nice outdoor box to store your kids toys in or a nice shed! he may try to have these rules, but i dont think they are legal or binding.

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

No it's not legal for him to tell her that! She can do what she wants so long as she didn't sign a contract and she puts everything back to the condition it was....as for the kids toys I'd be telling him to stick it where the sun don't shine! I'm so very glad I don't have to deal with landlords anymore! Mind you most of the ones I had were pretty good.

Haha I forgot the thread! Sorry guys!! Yeah he is a jerk. No he doesnt live here but he sure acts like it. I know he cant but he puts "marks" as he puts it on your record. He wants everyone out so that he can put new tenants in and raise the rent.

on your record? did you sign a 3 strikes your out leaseor so soemthing? ive never heard of that. the kids toys, that could be viewed as discrimination.

I didnt sign a single thing but he seems to think thats the way things work I guess. Im just going to get whatever flowers I want once I can afford I guess. Screw em.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information