Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Walking Trails?

Default Re: Walking Trails?

there is a series of trails off of baseline north of airport road, as you drive north on baseline it is on the left, they aren't well maintained but you can roll a stroller through as long as you dont mind having to dodge the occasional fallen tree, there is a sign which is easy to miss, and a small driveway to park in or park on the road.

http://www.ssmrca.ca/Section.aspx?ID=75

indian ridge trail

Try the Hub Trail from the Finn Hill parking lot @ Black Road & McNabb up to the east end of Northern Avenue. It's a nice paved winding path up through the hardwood bush behind Pawating Place. Stay alert for bikers and those speedy dudes on fridge rollers :-) Approx. 50 minutes round trip on foot (steep at the Northern Avenue end)

Jackie...I`d be careful around the staging area on MacNabb and on or around 4th line as well, we were driving on 4th line the other night and there was one huge bear on the side of the road there. Bigger than most we`ve seen.

And as for the staging area, that`s pretty much just behind us and we`ve had trouble with coyotes and wolves around here that come from that area.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

Quote Originally Posted by verotik66 View Post
    there is a series of trails off of baseline north of airport road, as you drive north on baseline it is on the left, they aren't well maintained but you can roll a stroller through as long as you dont mind having to dodge the occasional fallen tree, there is a sign which is easy to miss, and a small driveway to park in or park on the road.

http://www.ssmrca.ca/Section.aspx?ID=75

indian ridge trail
    FYI, Baseline runs east and west, Airport Road north and south.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Just a heads up...yesterday morning we had 4 big wolves in our yard early when Hubby went out to go to work. They headed for the field behind us that leads to the staging area and Manitou Park.

Hubby said he's never seen wolves this big before, bigger than the average Timber Wolf we usually see around here. And they were travelling in pack.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Does anyone have any contact information for the Voyageur Hiking group? I'm not sure I've even got the name right. I know there is (or at least was until several months ago) a group made up of people from both Saults who went out on regular hikes together, both on the Voyageur trail and in other areas, other trails. Any info on this group would be helpful.

Thanks!

http://www.voyageurtrail.ca/saulteaux.html

Somewhere on that site is the information you need to purchase a membership if you chose to. You get (among other things) a book with maps of all the area trails.

I think it's like ($35/year?)
    The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Aha! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

The VTA guide book does not come with a membership but it is discounted to members presenting a membership card. The most reliable source is Joe's Sports on Queen Street. The maps are colored and have a reasonably good description of access points etc. The entire network of trails is also available to buy as a download for Garmin GPS units.

As an avid hiker I want to say you are giving your children a lifetime love/interest that they'll return to again and again no matter where they land on the planet. Good for you!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information