Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pickeral

Default Re: pickeral

gouligann, you can drive to ramsey lake. its about a 6 hour drive, not paved, but good roads. we took the ranger lake road to (whatever that road is called from thessalon to chapleau) then turned off about 20 miles before chapleau towards biocotating, then turned again for ramsey. there is an area there where folks camp at the side of the lake in the launch area. alot of people haul their tents and stuff to one of the gazillion islands on the lake, but there were a couple trailers set up there. everyone caught their limit of pickerel every day.

Thanks Kitca, I'll have to check that out on our map.

Quote Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a lake (with decent fishing) up near Chapleau that you can drive to that rents cabins for a weekend?

Up by towards Folette (sp). excellent walleys up in the rapids,good luck.
    That's what she said !

Well KINGER, just let me start off, that all over Ontario, and I mean all over, all I have ever heard any real Canadian call them is pickeral. Now being that I was born and raised in the Ottawa Valley, Lived in eastern Ontario, southern Ontario and now northern Ontario, I call them PICKERAL. Oh and by the way I have caught many many Pickeral in my forty some years of fishing.As did my father, his father and his father. I guess for the most part it's because I AM CANADIAN, not american ,and very proud of it and i kind of believe that when in Rome do as the Romans do, don't go to Rome and tell them how they should do it . But alas what's in a name, a rose by any other name is still a rose. But hey if you want to go out sometime I'll fish Pickeral and you can fish walleye and we'll see who does better at the end of the day, I am very very redneck and if need be, especially when rubbing someones nose in it, can be very ignorant. CHEERS

It is a walleye, so I call it a walleye. I am sure I've caught more walleye this year than you have in your illustrious 40 years of fishing. Good day.

Lots in the elliot lake area kitca.. would be worth the drive

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information