Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: -Anyone- Intending to Breed Should Read This

Default -Anyone- Intending to Breed Should Read This

http://www.ckc.ca/en/Default.aspx?tabid=81

I think it pretty much hits the mark that everybody intending to breed should aim for. Whether they be CKC members or not.

I hope everybody who intends to breed their dog knows why they are doing it and what they are doing. I hope they have a good reason. I hope they realize that just because you're breeding a Beagle with a Beagle doesn't mean the litter will be full of perfect beagles. Breeding goes so much further than the breed (and how 'pure' it is) alone.

That is all I am going to say.

Default Re: -Anyone- Intending to Breed Should Read This

I know that you wrote this since I put my post but i"m gonna tell you this...I'm not definitely breeding her. I was just curious. I was inquiring if I decided to. I wrote them because I wanted to do some research before I EVEN decided to. I have family and friends who really want one but that doesn't mean that I was definitely going to do it.

Isn't it amazing how a simple inquiry ends up into a huge discussion about whether somebody should or shouldn't do something. I am greatful for all the information but once again...IT'S JUST TO INQUIRE. No definites.

GRUMPY

it seems that there are just certain questions that when asked will generate a lot of responses

I guess maybe I should have reworded my original post. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge when someone writes something like that. I understand that there are concerns when it comes to breeding. You definitely have to make sure you do things the right way and know what you are doing. I apologize for sounding a little rude. I don't know if I would really be interested in breeding anyway knowing the information that I know now. My vet did tell me that he hasn't seen too many breeds like her with her color and everything so he seems to think that just in this city she is very rare. I do have papers for her through the AKC though

AKC papers mean nothing in Canada, and I think this thread is more for info for the person wanting to breed her Chi. We are having a big problem with puppy mills around the Soo, as can be heard on SooNews Karen Johns did a wonderful show on it.

GRUMPY

For me personally the last thing that I'd want to do is be responsible for bringing yet more pups into the world.

what wrong with using my boy for stud and wanting to keep a pup instead of money?

Its nothing about a puppy mill?

I realize that AKC papers would mean nothing here in Canada but there were questions on whether I had papers or not. So yes I do have papers. Whether it's through AKC or CKC, I still have them. I'm not going to breed her anyway. I was just trying to find out some information on what it would take that's all. I'm sorry to everyone who thought otherwise. Also, I wouldn't just bring innocent little puppies into the world for my own personal gain. I just knew that I had tons of family that wanted one if I decided to. These are very close family members of mine so I do know that the pups would have the best care in the world. I would never contribute to a puppy mill or run one myself.

So now I'm gonna word this question very carefully...
    I do realize that AKC papers mean nothing in Canada. With that being said, how do I go about getting her registered with the CKC? Not for breeding purposes just to have her registered.
    MY GOD, I watched that video by Karen before and it's sickning. I agree 100% on that. Puppy mills are absolutely disgusting. Even if I was going to breed my dog, it wasn't in any way for the money. I would have never put my baby through that. I love both my dogs and would never put them in any situation that I thought would harm them. I love my dogs like I love my kids. If something wouldn't be good enough for my 3 children then it wouldn't be good enough for Duke or Lula
    I would have done all the research I needed to before making any kind of decision on breeding that's the reason for the original post. If I thought that I wasn't or wouldn't be educated enough to do I wouldn't do it. That's also the reason why I chose NOT to do it. I don't think that I could give me whole self for these pups. I have 3 kids and my 2 dogs that I need all my time for. It wouldn't be fair to Lula for me to do that to her so it's not worth it.
    Last edited by Mommy16; 05-26-2009 at 05:06 PM.

GRUMPY

are you interested in showing the dog? if not then why bother? I'm not being ignorant its just that I can't see the reasoning to do so if you aren't going to breed nor show her.

my one dog is aka registered. I thought about getting her ckc papers but their is no point. I won't show her and can't breed her (she is fixed) and i also think it is pointless and besides she is a pet and part of the family and having papers dosn't make her any different.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

GRUMPY

that is where you are totally wrong !!!! having papers is terribly important when you bring the pup home. (lol)

newspapers .. that is. LOL
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

Like I said early. It's just an inquiry. I have never owned a purebred dog before so I was curious. If registering her is pointless then it's pointless. I get that. I'm just asking questions. That's all.
    Last edited by Mommy16; 05-26-2009 at 11:42 PM.

I wasn't planning on getting papers from CKC to put more value on her as our family member. I love her. Just like I love my other dog. It was just for curiousity sake. Are people not allowed to inquire about anything anymore? Not to sound rude or ignorant or anything but I'm getting a lot of ridicule for questions that I have. I've now received emails from people calling me heartless and that I don't deserve my dog. I wouldn't be so offended if it weren't for emails like that. Just because I'm questioning something does not make me one of these heartless people that don't give a damn about my animals. I think it makes me a more responsible pet owner because I am trying to educate myself on things that I didn't know before. I'm trying to make myself more knowledgeable about the specific breed that I have. So if I needed to have her registered for me to be doing the right thing then I would have done that but if it's pointless unless she's gonna be a show dog or if I was going to breed her then I won't do it.
    Last edited by Mommy16; 05-26-2009 at 11:46 PM.

the thing is also, when the pups are born, they are tiny and you care for them and then comes the day to see them go...can you do that? I leave it to the people who can cause I couldn't. Also I'm glad you watched Karens Video, she has done a wonderful job in a short period of time.

She has. Absolutely. And I do completely understand what everyone is saying. I'm not neccessarily upset with anyone one here. I know that breeding does take a lot of time, patience, money and love. I can honestly say that I could definitely provide all that for the pups but I don't know if I'm ready. I definitely don't want to do it now because since my original post (which I have deleted) I have received emails from people with such nasty accusations. I'm not one of these heartless backyard breeders or someone who is running a puppy mill but for some strange reason I am now being labeled as one. I literally received an email from someone who said that I am no better than these people.

well this is soonet, rudeness is a requirement I think.

So true. lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information