Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: -Anyone- Intending to Breed Should Read This

Default Re: -Anyone- Intending to Breed Should Read This

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy16 View Post
    She has. Absolutely. And I do completely understand what everyone is saying. I'm not neccessarily upset with anyone one here. I know that breeding does take a lot of time, patience, money and love. I can honestly say that I could definitely provide all that for the pups but I don't know if I'm ready. I definitely don't want to do it now because since my original post (which I have deleted) I have received emails from people with such nasty accusations. I'm not one of these heartless backyard breeders or someone who is running a puppy mill but for some strange reason I am now being labeled as one. I literally received an email from someone who said that I am no better than these people.
    Thats just rude..
    Funny thing is its ok for some and not others,,

GRUMPY

Thumbs up Re: -Anyone- Intending to Breed Should Read This

Sorry but I see nothing wrong or where she is being rude. How can you get information without asking questions? I'd rather have somebody ask question than have to deal with someone who thinks that they know all the answers! People just have to lighten up a little around here.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
    Sorry but I see nothing wrong or where she is being rude. How can you get information without asking questions? I'd rather have somebody ask question than have to deal with someone who thinks that they know all the answers! People just have to lighten up a little around here.
    I have received emails from people with such nasty accusations.
    I said thats rude!

I agree people need to lighen up and its her dog she paid for and if she a good breeder who freaken cares,
    There are other people here who breed dogs ,
    I like how people pick on people taring every one as back yard breeders.
    If I wanted to breed my dog and have then checked out and healthy and to have them go to family that is my choice..
    Go Soonet Go..

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that.
    I would just like to thank everyone AGAIN for the information they have provided to me. And for those people who emailed me with nasty remarks well...I can't say what I really want to say on here so use your imagination. Also, I would like to inform everyone that I have decided not to breed her. I have decided to be selfish and keep her all to myself and any future pups she may have had.

I didn't mean this to anyone in particular. I've just seen quite a few ads for dog breeding here and on other sites that kind of irk me.

Seems like most people want to breed their 'baby' so it can have a 'baby'. Or because you have to let a female have a litter before spaying her for health reasons. The list goes on and on.

If you (as in anyone reading this - not anyone in particular) want to breed your dog and you've got a good reason to do it, then do it. If you've got the time, money and energy to do it, then do it. If you have people lined up who will purchase or care for the puppies for life, then do it. If you are prepared to see a puppy, or even a dog, die due to any possible problems, then do it. If you're doing it because you want to make the breed itself even better by producing quality stock, then do it. If you don't have any of the above, don't do it.

I didn't mean to offend anyone - which is why I made my own thread and didn't hijack Mommy16's thread. I didn't want to turn her question into a huge discussion, and so I made my own. That way, people wanting to answer her question can go to her thread. People wanting to read the information I provided through the link to the CKC website, and make an comments regarding that, can post on my thread.

what's wrong with wanting to have puppies? it's not like she is planning to breed the dog three times a year and charge a grand a pup. mommy16, don't let these people get to you. you have every right to let your dog have puppies. it seems like you were being really responsible about it so just ignore them and do what you do. also, for people emailing you rude comments, ignore them too. it's really rude of them to be harassing you over an idea you had. not to mention just plain stupid. i hope you do end up breeding if your dog is healthy and your family wants the puppies. it will make a lot of people happy, and you and your dog will get to experience something beautiful.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

GRUMPY

actually if it were me I'd forward thr emails t the mos and let them handle it.

I was kind of thinking about it but I just let it roll off. They don't know what they were talking about so...Thanks for all the support though. I really appreciate it.

i will also admit that when i got my dog i was thinking about breeding her. Not for proffit but because i had people enquire about me breeding her because they (and I) thought she would make good pups with her temperment and i thought she had beautiful markings. I researched the pros and cons of breeding a chihuahua, discussed it with my vet weighed the wrost case financial situation and realized it was not for me. She was the runt and is still very very tiny and they have a high rate of the mother dying during birth, complications during labour and high rate of medical intervention. My intent when i got my dog was a family pet and i don't think i could of handled loosing her over something like that. I don't have issues when people inquire about breeding and weighing the pros and cons. What i have issues with are people who ignorant to the fact that just letting dogs have pups with no care or concern is wrong. Just like humans who sit their and have kids with no way to support them but that is a whole other topic.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information