Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In a pickle...

Default In a pickle...

Thanks for all the input, but I have decided not to do anything and just let things play out.

Default Re: In a pickle...

"The dog ran away" may work. Or you could just talk to your friend about it and be blunt, she won't like it but may get the point. What is her history with pets, maybe explain that you've noticed that she may not be the best pet owner. You can keep reminding her to take him out, and that she needs to play with him, etc. She may realize that if she can't provide all of his needs, it would be more responsible to find a better home.

It sounds like your friend shouldn't have a puppy because she doesn't realize the responsibility involved. The little thing needs to eat more than once a day so that he grows and is healthy.
    Do you live there? or are you just visiting with her and taking care of the puppy?
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open...

What kind of dog is it?

I've had tried to say something to her in the past about the way she has treated her current dog and dogs she has had in the past but nothing has been accomplished. She is actually living with me right now. The puppy is atttention starved. As soon as it sees you, he rolls over and pees a little, that is how excited he is for attention. As bad as it sounds, I am trying to find a new, good home for him. He is white/creamish colored, his fur is short, but with a little bit of a wave in it. It looks as if it is part lab and part retriever. He's a beautiful dog, but I know he will have a better life with someone else. Please let me know if anyone is interested or knows of someone.

Good luck in finding him a good home. He sounds like a little gem with tonnes of love to give. I'll keep my ears open and if I know/hear of anyone, I'll let you know.

I'd also be telling her to get off her @ss and feed/play and pay attention to him. She should be taking him to the vet as well, which can be expensive, and if she knows that's something that absolutely can't be avoided, she may want to give him up without any problems. (that could be a good motivator [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

you are doing the right thing by trying to get that poor little guy away from her. she does not sound like a nice owner at all, that puppy doesnt deserve it, no animal does.

it is time to get him fixed too, you could tell her that he cant stay unless he is fixed, maybe that will help.

the peeing and rolling over are a sign of submission. he is telling you that he is not an agressive dog. he wants you to be the boss and show him the rules. why on earth is he kept in a cage? how horrible!

i wish i knew of a place for him, i sure hope you find something.

I think that if it's her dog-the most you can do is complain to the humane society or tell her about how you feel-you take that dog without her knowing and youve just gotten yourself into a mess that could get you a big fine for stealing or even a nice day in court-if she finds out..which is pretty easy to do now that it's online. a dog to us is a living creature but it's also an owned property-you can't just take them from ppl..same goes for children unfortunately u can't just take someone elses child even if they are abusing it-you have to go thru childrens aide and police first. So I think you will be in a huge pickle if you attempt at being dishonest. Plus, the most you will accomplish by "losing" that dog on her is to save one and make a new one a victim-she will more thanlikely just replace it. You need to start somewhere that makes a difference-stealingthe dog will not do anyone any good at all.

I agree with everyone that it's horrible that your friend does this-but you can't steal period. I only saythat to keep you out of trouble, ou probably don't need anything on your permanent record right now-b.c rest assured if this person treats animals poorly I high doubt they'd think twice before treating a person badly(meaning if you think she wont do anything if she found out-you'd probably be wrong [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] )

I would talk to her, tell her this dog needs a vet-needs a better home then what she's providing. Offer to find the dog a new home-just make sure you get permissionfisrt-many ppl forget that ppl are sued over animals.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

Well I hope she is still your friend after she reads this.
    Just tell her that you feel she should rehone the lil guy while he is still young enough that way he wont be OUT OF CONTROL.THe older he get the harder it will be. good luck

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information