Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Abortion is wrong: Not about politics

Default Abortion is wrong: Not about politics

This will stay in the Soapbox.

Abortion is wrong. Today I found out that millions of abortions have happened over the years. Today I would like to hear Soonetters' opinions on abortion. I have to say that last year there WAS an abortion protest in the sault last year in front of the hospital. My opinion is that abortion should be illegal. And this is quite an issue. People should be aware this is happening. People should join PRO-LIFE. Not PRO-CHOICE. Pro-choice is E-V-I-L. I hope Canada's supreme court can do something.

IMHO

Default Re: Abortion is wrong: Not about politics

I have no right to tell a woman that she MUST carry a baby. I do not like abortion but it is not my business. I would prefer a child be born and put up for adoption but again its up to the woman.

SWRKR 01

Although I am not prepared to enter into a debate here, I have to state I totally disagree with your position, but I respect the fact you have your right to your opinion. I feel that women should have the right to choose. There are several scenarios which could affect the unborn child (a product of rape or extramarial affair, a serious developmental or mental disability etc). Too many to mention.

I feel a child should be brought into this life with love and support. If a mother to be feels this will not be possible, and the situation is traumatic for her, she should have the right to opt for abortion.

As I said, these are only my views. I do not expect to change yours, but I think healthy communication is explaining your viewpoint and being respectful of the views and opinions of others.

Banned
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi

Hard to just comment on this.
    You can't judge a person without going through what they have.
    The chance of that are slim to none considering all the situations that can lead to it.
    Unless you have had the situation to deal with, it's all talk IMO!

I feel that there are some situations that you don't know what you would do unless it happened to you. (ie rape).

I also think it is so strange that most of the protesters in front of the hospital are older men. WEIRD.

I think abortion is wrong morally, however, I cannot tell someone they are wrong for doing it.

Abortion is wrong for me. I will never abort a fetus, no matter the reason.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

There are many reasons a woman/teen/child would require an abortion. It will never be illegal IMO. Sometimes the mother is at risk of dying or the child would have severe health complications and wouldn't survive anyway. Rape, incest. It's not always because of a "mistake". I don't believe they inquire as to why you are doing it, that would be private and personal info that the health care providers aren't going to start to collect to determine if they fall into any of those categories. To me a persons body is theirs, and they have the right to do what they feel is best for themselves. It's not my business what others do, plain and simple.

I am not going to say anything about this. I have my views but since we have had this on the board before. It turns into one big mess. Just like smoking and non smoking.

lol, apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked View Post
    Pro-choice is E-V-I-L. I hope Canada's supreme court can do something.
    well, colour me E-V-I-L!

Not only is that rude, but obviously wrong too.

Anyway, this is a topic that always turns out messy no matter what. *sigh*

I can honestly say that there is no way I would terminate a pregnancy because I have been in a position (more than once) when a doctor thought it was "necessary" to do so. I didn't and I am glad I did not choose to abort.

Should I force others to believe the way I do? Nope. I would hope my own daughters would never even contemplate it and that I have instilled my morals on them but in the end, people in this country have the ability to make their own choices.
    "One of the consequences of such notions as 'entitlements' is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence".

Thomas Sewell

Well before this topic turns into a mad house, I will state my views. To me, abortion is not illegal, nor wrong under some circumstances. The only reason an abortion is wrong is when it is used as birth control. There is a reason why there are a variety of birth control methods out there.

My girlfriend and I already have a son that was neither planned, nor prepared for. We chose to bring a beautiful baby boy into our lives that sometimes frustrates us both, but have also given us a joyous gift that keeps giving. She now has an IUD that doesnt require daily maintenance (ie taking a pill), and is invisible (not like the patch). We both despise condoms so an IUD was the best solution for both of us.

As a man, I have no right to tell my girlfriend to have an abortion. If she wants to carry it and adopt it away then that is her decision.
    <insert witty comment here>

Let me guess. you are a man. you are middle aged. you are religious.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

SWRKR 01

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    Not sure who you are referring to here...... But I am a male, middle aged...spiritual, not religious.... are these bad things?

Quote Originally Posted by SWRKR 01 View Post
    Not sure who you are referring to here...... But I am a male, middle aged...spiritual, not religious.... are these bad things?
    nope, they aren't bad and, nope,i was refering to the op. thanks for answering me though
    as stereo-typical as it might sound it's usually people who fall into those catagories who are totally against pro-choice. although being all those doesn't mean you are anti-abortion in my experience most people who want to take that right away from people fit there too.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

SWRKR 01

Thank you for the clarification.....

nope, they aren't bad and, nope,i was refering to the op. thanks for answering me though
    as stereo-typical as it might sound it's usually people who fall into those catagories who are totally against pro-choice. although being all those doesn't mean you are anti-abortion in my experience most people who want to take that right away from people fit there too.
    LOL....I thought you were referring to me aswell. In case you were wondering, I am a man, mid 20's, atheist.
    <insert witty comment here>

I am male( doesn't necessarily make me a man) well past middle aged and decidedly not religious.
    My point of view, not ever as a form of birth control. There are a myriad of methods available all inexpensive so killing is not necessary. For medical reasons and rape, incest and the like definitely. Never for convenience.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

I think that if you applied all your beliefs of goodness it would be a perfect world, but do to circumstance life is not perfect, what is worse, a female deciding she is not able to deal with life as a Mom at the time or bringing an unwanted child into the world so you can bash her for giving her baby away or being a bad Mom? I sit on the fence on this topic, not for me to judge other people for the very difficult decisions they are faced with.

I wouldn't ever want to make a choice like that.

Until u are in their shoes don't judge! U don't know their story.

Abortion is wrong. Today I found out that millions of abortions have happened over the years. Today I would like to hear Soonetters' opinions on abortion. I have to say that last year there WAS an abortion protest in the sault last year in front of the hospital. My opinion is that abortion should be illegal. And this is quite an issue. People should be aware this is happening. People should join PRO-LIFE. Not PRO-CHOICE. Pro-choice is E-V-I-L. I hope Canada's supreme court can do something.
    Pro-choice is not evil, intolerance is evil.

No matter how one feels about the situation, ultimately it is the choice of the woman carrying the child. Besides how does it affect your life in any way when somebody decides to get an abortion? It's unfair to judge those who choose to get an abortion, as I'm sure anybody in that position finds it difficult to make the decision.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information