Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Abortion is wrong: Not about politics

Default Re: Abortion is wrong: Not about politics

22??!! Oh my oh my oh my! How horrible. And there ain't even funerals. Or even much crying. Rest in peace all un-liveed babies.
    Apparently, I'm "Damaging" the Public Internet Social system. Well that's unfrtunate. I wanna keep doing it now .

Banned

Abotion IS wrong cause life isn't random

Quote Originally Posted by $Spendbender$ View Post
    Like it or not, I can do what I want with my body. ...

..... in favour of women's equality
    How about baby women???

No, I do not have to rephrase 'the pro-choice side has never murdered anyone'. I will gladly restate it though. Abortion is not murder. Abortion is not murder any more than a miscarriage is.
    I do believe that abortion is a woman’s right and that no religious institution, religious beliefs of others has the right to deny this or outlaw it. While I believe in abortion I do not think it should be used as a form of birth control and it is not for the most part.
    I applaud the women and girls on here who choose not to have an abortion and proceed in difficult situations. Their stories have turned out well for them and their children. However in my experience that is not the case.
    Abortion is not murder it is a choice that is not easily made.

yes it must be a very very difficult dicision to make I have to agree with you there mags. ow I respect your opinions but easily accessible stats from statistic canada , epigee, contracept.org show that by and large the reasons for abortion is financial or for convenience.
    Maybe its just me but I tend to discount any assertion of what is a person's 'right' if it is not accompanied by some sort of responsibility.
    If you lend someone $20 and never see them again, It was probably worth the 20

drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open...

Those of you who say things about it being used as birth control need to talk to someone who has had an abortion, or a D&C (same thing except there is no fetus in the uterus) and tell them to go into detail about the procedure, it's not a pleasant experience! Nobody that I have talked to about it would go back on a regular basis to use it as a form of contraception, there is also a ton of risks involved. Women who choose to have this done put a lot of thought into it.

SWRKR 01

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Those of you who say things about it being used as birth control need to talk to someone who has had an abortion, or a D&C (same thing except there is no fetus in the uterus) and tell them to go into detail about the procedure, it's not a pleasant experience! Nobody that I have talked to about it would go back on a regular basis to use it as a form of contraception, there is also a ton of risks involved. Women who choose to have this done put a lot of thought into it.
    I can attest to this. It is seldom a decision taken lightly. And I do know, it is usually, a decision with a lot of guilt and concern. From what I am told, it is uncomfortable and extremely intrusive with very little psychological and emotional support.

DID YOU KNOW? I had a miscarriage many years ago, the baby was dead in my uterus, when I started bleeding, I went to the hospital to deliver this dead baby, and was devastated when the medical paper work stated I had an abortion. The doctor explained to me, that my body aborted the baby, and the terminology doesnt mean, I went in the hospital for an abortion. But that the wording on medical records is the same. So if I had opted for an abortion, its called an abortion. Because my body naturally gave up this dead infant, it is still called an abortion. THAT still causes me grief to this day.
    As I could never choose abortion. But I do not judge what other people choose to do. The only issue with abortion I have, is when women use it as a means of birth control and the same women repeatedly have several chosen abortions. There are better methods of birth control. However, I imagine that is a select few who make things look very evil and dark indeed.

is abortion murder you judge? I know how I feel

A fetus that is growing, is a baby. It has a heart, it has organs, it is human. The part of your arguement is that it is not murder, is what I dont agree with. I believe that every woman has the right to make that choice for herself and to live with the consequences of that choice. However, aborting a fetus, is terminating a life. no matter how you look at it. You can play semantics and games with words, but it is still terminating a life. I believe that it is also a very big emotional decision, for any one that has to make it. And I believe I am not a person who has the right to judge what is right for others in this issue. We each as women, have to live with the choices we make.

Bluemoon, I don't know if this will put your mind at ease it might. The term 'therapeutic abortion' is used when a pregnancy is ended by choice. The word abortion doesn't mean that you opted for an abortion it means nature intervened.
    I am sorry that you had this devastating experience.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information